Main Menu

concorde B1

Started by thedarkmaster, August 02, 2008, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Yeah it was the only thought provoking decal I had at the time. . .

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

bexwh773

Quote from: thedarkmaster on August 07, 2008, 07:35:40 AM
this is what i have done at the moment

That bomb bay looks familar :lol:  Looking great so far Darkmaster  :thumbsup:

One question I do have, for all you lot out there doing "Bombcordes"  but how do you keep the airframe cool enough with all the dark paint?

Bex
Becky aka Bex

John Howling Mouse

Hey, you've stolen Captain's Canada's funky "seascape" patio table!   This looks very promising, TDM.  Don't know how you blend dissimilar bits so well into a cut-out on your fuselage but that sure is stunning craftspersonship!   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

thedarkmaster

well major bits all done, decals ordered from hannants, undercoat sprayed on, thats about all the progress I've made.

No pics right now as it's raining in our part of the uk so no outside fun at the moment.

will post as soon as weather and the summer holidays allow

tim
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

The Rat

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on August 09, 2008, 02:21:14 PM
Hey, you've stolen Captain's Canada's funky "seascape" patio table!

Me gots one too!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Big Bird

Many years ago my dad and I built a Concorde with a scratch built Blue Steel stand off missile. I was so proud of it I took it along to my Air Cadet Sqd (I was in the Venture Corps sort of Air Cadets for girls, we wasn't allowed to join!) The Flt Lt in charge took one look at it and asked if he could borrow it to show a 'friend' The next week I was asked lot's of questions, like where did I get the idea? Had I seen any pictures? I'm convinced to this day that if it never got tried for real it was a real idea somewhere.
Anyway I plan at some point to buy a 1:72 Concorde and recreate that model, I have no idea what happened to the old one lost many house moves ago I suspect.

thedarkmaster

as i promised some work in progress pics

still a long way to go, still waiting for decals and back story not complete yet

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Big Bird

Captain Canada

WOW ! That's the nicest looking thing I've seen in awhile......what a beauty !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

LemonJello

Nicely done so far.  Such fine craftmanship, this one will be a stunner.
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

John Howling Mouse

Very intelligent painting of the canopy panes:  :thumbsup:    I agree with others that the degree of detail on this one will set it apart.  Can't wait for the final roll-out!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

thedarkmaster

needing a little help now.......does anyone know what colour the dielectric (can't spell sorry) panels should be on a white RAF aircraft in the middle to late 70's ?

thanks for the kind comments so far

tim

Aircav

I would suppose it depends on what they are made of, fibre-glass or plastic,  some are anything from a yellow-orche to a dark brown and others dark green or black.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader