Republic of Texas Navy fighter

Started by sotoolslinger, August 03, 2008, 08:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Thanks all ya'll. ;D I would like to build the carrier this would launch off of but my wife would get mad if I build a 1/48 scale aircraft carrier  in our apartment ;D :rolleyes: :lol: :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

bexwh773

Oh I dont know STS, Mrs. STS might let you build a 48th Carrier, if only to launch you from it   :tornado:

Bex
Becky aka Bex

sotoolslinger

Yeah but if I built it it would just end up being a cat bed ;D
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

That's some mighty fine progress Toolslinger! It looks like you're well on your way to making another Texas Masterpiece!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Thanks BdaB  ;D today is almost all ugly PSR . I'm not sure if I'll do an update .
I amuse me.

HOG

"Yeah but if I built it it would just end up being a cat bed "
But he`d have to fight the squirrel for it ;D

Cheers Gary :drink:
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Mo PSR, blendification of intakes

And install and blending of forard wheel door

I amuse me.

jcf

Vera innerestin'.  ;D

As an obscuro aside, prior to the First World War the Bristol company and their designer Frank Barnwell worked with a young designer by the name of Lt. C.D. Burney RN who had conceived of a hydrofoil landing gear setup for aircraft. Burney's 'hydro-legs' were tried out on two specially built monoplane aircraft, the X.2 and the X.3. The aircraft engine drove both water propellers mounted at the bottom of the two forward hydro-legs and an airscrew, through a series of clutches and driveshafts. Anyhow after the X.2 was damaged the X.3 was constructed in March 1913. The X.3 performed well during tow tests, however, it was found that when the airscrew was clutched in the nose would dip.
Now quoting from page 89 of "Bristol Aircraft since 1910":
"To counteract this tendency, Barnwell devised a supplementary front elevator just aft of the airscrew, its control being co-ordinated with the clutch operation so as to lift the nose while the airscrew drive was being taken up."
;D ;D

So there ya go, if anybody is so foolish as to question the canard on your fighter, just tell'em it was licensed from Bristol.  ;D

BTW Burney's work with Bristol resulted in his invention and development of the Paravane mine-sweeping device in 1915.

Jon

sotoolslinger

You are a highly useful and interesting individual ;D :mellow: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

pyro-manic

Very cool, STS! Using those graceful Spitfire wings on that big fat fuselage makes for a very interesting look! B) Love the shape of it, and it's got all those cool little gubbins that are the hallmark of a Toolslinger design. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

bexwh773

Thats the best use of poxy Spitfire wings Ive ever seen  :wub:  Im a Hurricane Girl through and through  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

Bex
Becky aka Bex

sotoolslinger

Wow you live in England and you get away with badmouthing the Spit. I thought they still burned you at the stake for that.  ;D I'm still expecting a British assassin to show up for my sacreligous use of Spit wings on a German fuselage :o :rolleyes: :blink:
I amuse me.

HOG

please leave a suitable time and date.
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Joe C-P

Is your Texas laid out like this world's state, or does it extend to the Pacific?

It's too bad that the only Bearn model out there is in 1/400 and rather expensive, because I might have built your carrier. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

sotoolslinger

JoeP ,well that is problematic. The Republic does in fact contain the Mexican states of Sonora, Chihuahua and Coahuila but does not extend to Baja :banghead: :banghead: At least not yet :wacko: :wacko:
I amuse me.