Republic of Texas Navy fighter

Started by sotoolslinger, August 03, 2008, 08:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Hogg  :blink:I mean Hog the Germans had elliptical wings too and this is a design by someone that worked with Kurt Tank so technically you don't have to kill me . ;D :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

No I`m sorry but you have insulted the name of my fathe......................sorry wrong forum. As you are unable to set a time may I suggest 6.30am 1 April 2099. Or do a build with the 190 wings on the spit fuselage, that I would like to see, maybe extend the tips for high altitude photorecon`.

Hows the knee holding up?. Know what you mean about things in the back of hands (canulas ?). Last time I was in to have some scrap taken out of me ankle, I was sitting there with me bum hanging out of a very small hospitol gown holding a bit of swab onto the back of my left hand while the anethe....aneathet.....pillock tried to put it into the top of the right.
Cheers Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

It's a date ;D But if I put the FW wings on the Spit fuselage won't I have to be killed twice. ;D
Knee is fine as far as I know They won't even let me change the dressing. I have just stayed on my infernal machine and my good drugs and thought about future projects. I have several jets in mind. :wub:
I amuse me.

HOG

Forgot to say:-
Choice of weapons is industrial strength feather dusters at 50 yards. If you put 190 wings on a Spit you can only improve it in my opinion.
Now I suppose I`LL have someone come looking for me ;D still I`m not botherd as the lights are on.

GWS Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Done and done ;D But while looking through my parts pile I saw a nice pair of long wings and thought HMMMM I wonder how a Spit would look with Typhoon wings :huh: :blink: so English  :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

I fully intended on resurrecting this thread :blink: This is one of the projects I grabbed off the table while throwing stuff in the truck to come to California. I have been PSRing this while working on MiGina the second :wub: .........I left the dang camera at work today :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I promise to have new pics of this one tomorrow :rolleyes: :blink:
I amuse me.

frank2056

Quote from: sotoolslinger on August 08, 2008, 01:59:12 PM
JoeP ,well that is problematic. The Republic does in fact contain the Mexican states of Sonora, Chihuahua and Coahuila but does not extend to Baja :banghead: :banghead: At least not yet :wacko: :wacko:

That's because The Republic of California extended its territory into what the Mexicans quaintly called "Baja" California. It's now all part of the Republic.

BTW, the gulf is heavily mined...

sotoolslinger

All right then ,here are the promised pics

As you can see I still have sculpting to do around the intakes, the nose wheel , and at the fillet blending the wings to the fuselage but she is back on the table ;D
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

Man that bird looks pretty damn cool... interesting idea with the tricycle and the raised cockpit... I have to say though, the bulges look a little big for a pair of the Cheyenne 15mm guns if I recall... Those must be some hefty breeches... but still, they look pretty damn beefy if you ask me.  Love the way you blended the intakes - supercharger intakes?  Interesting asymmetrical radiator setup too.  Very interesting build.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

You could very well be correct Saur. I did not modify them though ;D So I blame the casting company :rolleyes: Anyway it looks cool :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

That would be amusing, having 30mm Cowling guns.  though I think you'd have to extend the barrels out of the ports for that to be believable unless they're MK-103's.  But yeah, she looks real good.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Saur, the cowling guns are 15 mm and the intakes are supercharger intakes .The wings and the engine have been moved back on the fuselage to make room for the trycycle landing gear and the prop is driven by an extension shaft. I figured that the landing gear setup and raised cockpit would make it easier to take off and land on a carrier.
Here are some fresh pics

I almost have these fillets like I want them

And I sanded out the blend of the intakes more

I don't know how far back you read but this plane will also have canards :wacko:
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

I looked over even at the starting.  The canard concept is pretty damn cool, and ahead of its time, the use of canards and elevators together.  Very groovy.  I would imagine you could also, with a nose That big, carry a good ammount of ammo for the cowling guns too.  Very very interesting build.  Looking forward to seeing the engine exhausts when you install them too?

sotoolslinger

I'm sticking on the tailplanes now as well as more PSR I'll try to mock everything up in my next pics.  ;D BTW she will also have wing cannon and guns :wub:
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

Very cool.  It'll be interesting to see the mockup.  Wing mounts will obviously be of good merit as well.