Started by sotoolslinger, August 03, 2008, 08:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Ok here is the mockup of the engine, spinner ,canards and the tailplanes are on
Exhausts

Canards mounted low under the intakes

Canards high ,over the intakes

Tailplanes

So so advice and opinions please.... Canards high or low?
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

Low, but at an angle to match the tail, undercart permitting, ;D
And that prop looks a bit wimpy for that radial. Would the 190 prop (if it has paddle blades) fit? :rolleyes:
:drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Sauragnmon

Very interesting indeed... Guess that explains the big bulges on the guns, with the engine sitting right under them like that.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

Hog ,my brother, that is a Typhoon prop and even though it has 3/16" trimmed it is still larger in diameter than the original prop( this is a Dora 9) and that ain't a radial that is a supercharged ,inline ,V 12 ;D :wacko: Mounted back with an extension shaft to make room for the forward landing gear :rolleyes: :blink: Now I loved the suggestion to mount the canards low at an angle(and I know this ain't real) but look at this view

It would have completely blocked the pilots ability to see down and forward

Now she is armed
Twin 15 mm sync'd guns

A 20 mm in each wing inboard

And 4 33-40's

Also installed the exhausts
I amuse me.

HOG

Hi SoTool`
Fair enough and explanation understood.
BUT
What about the TV camera under the nose for downward view, and the prop still looks small may be a contra-prop (or even a counter contra-prop(triple row)) and the engine was a mistype and should have read radical.  ;D
cheers :drink:
G
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Well that's silly ;D :lol: Besides I already have a plane with three props :blink:
I amuse me.

HOG

Hiya SoTool`
Just realized that when I said "Low, but at an angle to match the tail, undercart permitting" I wonder if I made myself clear, I meant angled down opposite to the tail, but whatever.  ;D

Anyone can have three props, its having them in the same place that counts!  :blink: That gives me an idea, as I`ve been thinking of doing a double engined 109..................................hmmmmmm

Still it`s your model and what you say goes, and whatever you do is ok. But it still looked better in very off white ;D ;D ;D

Cheers :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

I really like where you're going with this one, Toolslinger, and I think the angle of the tailplanes is especially nice. The prop and spinner look good and the canards add just the right touch of whimsy.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Thanks B ;D I figured a naval aircraft would want short take off and landing capability. The canards help with that and I also thought that with the mid engine design it should be very manuverable :rolleyes: It is when I fly it around the motel ;D
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Dangit on the road again so here is where she stands (and I was almost ready for paint :banghead:)

I amuse me.

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sauragnmon

Very interesting fighter indeed.  The partially retracted look for the nosegear is also interesting.  The prop/spinner blends in nicely with the cowling in place.  The partial V-tail is also something interesting.  Definately a one of a kind looking aircraft.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Brian da Basher

My hat's off to your incredibly creative vision, Toolslinger! This baby is coming along great! I love the way the angle of the exhausts compliment the angle of the tailplanes.

I can't wait to see it painted!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Thanks ya'll I try to come up with some explanation of why I do stuff besides it looks cool.  ;D In the case of the tailplanes it is a trycycle landing gear but as a navy plane it will have a tailhook since the tail is so slender I figured if I angled the horizontals up it would be less likely to damage them in hard landings :wacko: :blink:
I can't wait to paint it . I am going to do a paint job like a modern jet in light grey undersides but with the old dark navy blue uppers but with the underside color overlapping all around the edges
I amuse me.