Vive la France! ... Voilà le GB!

Started by ysi_maniac, August 04, 2008, 09:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

^^^^^^^^ Of course :thumbsup: , but ... which camo? :huh:
Will die without understanding this world.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: ysi_maniac on September 25, 2008, 04:58:50 AM^^^^^^^^ Of course :thumbsup: , but ... which camo? :huh:

Wrap around camouflage of course with green and gray as seen on the Mirage IV or maybe the middle east/central asia scheme as found on the Mirage III stationed in Djibouti.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
I like your idea, above all the desert in Djibouti, :rolleyes: but do not discard the scheme described below. :rolleyes:

Quote from: ysi_maniac on August 05, 2008, 12:01:29 PM
So a hunter in french roundels, yellow/black stripes and that frech tactical camo scheme used in SMB2 and described as: green, chesnut and dark stone will be just perfect.

BTW, Ian, can you throw some light on the mentioned scheme? I am not sure about colours.

Thanks,
Carlos.

ysi_maniac

This is a RW project that is posted here just for inspiration.
IMO The French camo in early WWII is cool, but the Vichy high visibility additions are something that must be done :thumbsup:

This plane is deployed in Syria.

NARSES2

I'm up for this - give me an excuse to do my F.105 in Djibuti scheme
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Absolutely gorgeous, Carlos! You've captured the look perfectly, especially that tough-to-get-right AdA camo!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

What if Dassault did not know about Fairey Delta studies? Swept wing Mirage? :wub:

Supertom

Quote from: nev on September 12, 2008, 09:10:01 AM
Vercingetorix?

Haha, nice!

OK, we could call it....Francorama?  France-O-Rama?  Gaul-O-Rama?
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

nev

I wondered who would pick up on that ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Archibald

Love the title of this thread.

Don't forget Joan of Arc, crashed down in flames...  and Ravaillac, who lost its wings and tail in midair.

F-105 in Djibouti scheme... love this idea. Obviously the next step after the F-100. Browse  "Michel Crocci " paint sheme on Google : he turned its F-100 into a "shark" in 1978.

What about a space shuttle in AdA markings, in a Moonraker alt-timeline ?

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: ysi_maniac on October 17, 2008, 06:02:10 AMWhat if Dassault did not know about Fairey Delta studies? Swept wing Mirage? :wub:
Swept wing Mirage?  Can you say Entendard IV and Super Entendard?
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
No. She will be as beautiful (or even more) and as supersonic as Mirage-III :o :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just gone back through this thread, and I'm really wrestling with all the possibilities I could build out of my stash. It would be one of the hardest modelling choices I would ever make..... Out of all the Rafales, SM2's, Mirages, which one would I build..... Ahh what's the point, I'll build them all.... eventually !!

Ian
(Hmmmm, Haven't mentioned Audrey Tautou for a while..... Oh there y'go, I just did !  :wub:)
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

One of my pet ideas has the Panavia nations buying Mirage 2000/4000s to variously replace Starfighters or instead of Tornado F.3s, the other half of the deal being that France buys the Tornado. To compensate for the disparity in numbers (800+ Mirages going one way vs 200 Tornados going the other), the Mirages have lots of local content and specific national systems/weapons, but the French Tornados are pretty much off the shelf.

Should fit right into this GB....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

"Allons enfants de la Patrie!"

Some inspiration. Not actually French, but from an anime. As Greg noted, the camo looks decidedly French, though. So how about un dragon français pour le GB?  :wacko:

More pics of the Area 88 Draken >>HERE<<.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?