BAE-Sepecat Jaguar, Mitsubushi F-1 and T-2

Started by John Howling Mouse, April 10, 2003, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrenP2

Could Jaguar have been wired for Shrike, Maverick and other weapons?

Radar systems like Blue Fox or Blue Vixen or the AN/AGP-66 radar?

kerick

Once you install new radar new weapons can't be too much more trouble. Sounds like a great update.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, I like that, LOADS of 'sticky out' bits.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AS.12

Here's a nearly-happened that could cause a double-take; due to prolonged development of the XT-2, a lease of 30 two-seat Jaguars was proposed to the JASDF to see them through to 1974 / 75.

https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1968/1968%20-%202470.html

And from Flight in 1969:

"One of the snags of licensed production of Jaguar in Japan is understood to have been that country's insistence on paying no more than 5 per cent royalties ( instead of the more usual 8-16 per cent )"

AS.12

Some more whiffables:

Belgium

Flight, 27 December 1973:

Sales efforts versus the Viggen and Mirage F.1 to fill the shortfall in Mirage 5 numbers ( only 90 purchased instead of requirement for well over 100 ) and to start to replace the F-104 in ground-attack roles:

Quote[ BAC believes that ] First priority would be given to replacing the two F-104 strike squadrons with Jaguars, retaining the two F-104 air-defence squadrons (possible in terms of fatigue life).  If Belgium still had an air-defence commitment by 1980 then there would be a wider choice of aircraft and the benefit of some years of development in radars and weapons.

Turkey

Originally proposed in 1973 for licensed-production in competition with the Harrier, F-5E and F-104G.  Around 200 aircraft were to be built under the plan.

Later prospects turned to a straight procurement:

Flight, 5 June 1975

QuoteA visit by the Turkish Minister of Defence, Mr Ferit Melen, to the BAC / Dassault-Breguet Jagauar production line at Warton has led to renewed speculation that Turkey may order 24 of the aircraft costing some £50 million.  There is still some doubt, however, about whether the British Government would sanction such a deal.

zenrat

Exocets on a Jaguar.  Or Sea Eagles.

Thoughts?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: zenrat on May 29, 2020, 03:02:32 AM
Exocets on a Jaguar.  Or Sea Eagles.

Thoughts?

Well if the Sea Jaguar (Jaguar-M ?) had made it aboard French carriers ....and was then sold to Super Entard customers ...

Didn't some Indian Jaguars have a radar nose (why is the random thought at that point 'Agave') and an anti-shipping capability
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Jags could carry Martels so I presume Sea Eagles wouldn't be a problem.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The Sea Eagle is a tad heavier, but not that much.

Regards
Kit