BAE-Sepecat Jaguar, Mitsubushi F-1 and T-2

Started by John Howling Mouse, April 10, 2003, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Knightflyer on May 29, 2020, 06:48:13 AM
<...> Didn't some Indian Jaguars have a radar nose (why is the random thought at that point 'Agave') and an anti-shipping capability

Yes. Agave and Sea Eagles.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: rickshaw on May 29, 2020, 06:54:36 AM
My Jaguar MO5 has a larger wing and stronger engines:

The larger wing blends in seamlessly!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

tahsin

Quote from: AS.12 on January 26, 2018, 12:13:19 AM

Turkey

Originally proposed in 1973 for licensed-production in competition with the Harrier, F-5E and F-104G.  Around 200 aircraft were to be built under the plan.

Later prospects turned to a straight procurement:

Flight, 5 June 1975

QuoteA visit by the Turkish Minister of Defence, Mr Ferit Melen, to the BAC / Dassault-Breguet Jagauar production line at Warton has led to renewed speculation that Turkey may order 24 of the aircraft costing some £50 million.  There is still some doubt, however, about whether the British Government would sanction such a deal.

Straight F-5E throughout if you were to ask anyone (techwise).  Harrier deal was almost impossible because you will have to remember the Chinese were also "getting" Sea Harrier format. Turkey is the only country where Lockheed bribes have not been unearthed, was part of the conspiracies that rocked the country in the last decade with claims that the Republic was 100% corrupt. You will never ever hear the Starfighter was bought on merit in one single country in the world and yes, it is not the US... Then Northrop made it rather more complicated with changing engines in the F-5G, the next step to come. Ankara would talk purchase as you will have to remember UK is one the three states that guarantee the security of Cyprus, just like they went on a purchasing spree of BUYlNG F-104s in late 1970s.

ysi_maniac

Jaguar equipped with a single Spey, along with its RW (2 Adour) counterpart

Will die without understanding this world.

rickshaw

Great!  Exactly what I was thinking about...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

There were some single engined variants considered with the RB.199.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Zero-Sen

Canardized Jaguar inspired by the ALR Piranha project...  :rolleyes:

DeltaJaguar with Mirage 2000 tailfin and high mounted wings...

... compared to a Mirage 1000.

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

Gondor

Quote from: ysi_maniac on November 07, 2023, 06:36:59 PMBuccaneer plus Jaguar

Very nice in profile. What does the Plan view look like?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ysi_maniac

I am not sure about name: WartJaguar or JaguarHog. Can you help me?

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Accidental Loggie

Converte et subvertere

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.