BAE-Sepecat Jaguar, Mitsubushi F-1 and T-2

Started by John Howling Mouse, April 10, 2003, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

QuoteThanks, Nigel.  I was also wondering if I could graft the canopy/cockpit of a Fujimi Mitsubishi F-1 onto/into the Airfix kit.  Might not be authentic but, then again, that's not why I like this site so much.

As for the vac-forming, I just handed over that vac-forming kit and plans to my technie friend at work.  Hoping to have a quote on building the machine soon!!!
*Chuckle* Well, I intend to fair a single-seat Jaguar forward fuselage to a T-2 airframe (retaining the M61 of the T-2) for an interesting "what-if".
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Bryan H.

I know the French did some R & D on making the Jaguar carrier worthy.  How far along did they get?  Do you think a Sea Jaguar would be a viable carrier-borne attack fighter today?  What sort of upgrade/modernization (engines, avionics, weapons, etc.) programs could be made to maximize it's performance?

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

elmayerle

The Jaguar M in prototype form had some shrotcomings, but that's why you build prototypes.  If they'd continued with it instead of succumbing to Dassault's Blandishments for a Super Etendard, they'd be flying today with Agave, or improvements there on, radr in the nose, upgraded engines, and a good avionics fit.

Davey B

Well, if there's a conversion option (don't know, but I never found one) for the Indian maritime Jags, that'd give you the radar nose. I think Martin H once did one and used an F-4 nosegear, which looks prettu much the part. But the Jaguar M only had single wheel maingears...

Martin H

QuoteWell, if there's a conversion option (don't know, but I never found one) for the Indian maritime Jags, that'd give you the radar nose. I think Martin H once did one and used an F-4 nosegear, which looks prettu much the part. But the Jaguar M only had single wheel maingears...
Mine was a bog standard GR-1 fitted with said extended nose gear out of the old matchbox toom kit. (jag base kit was the Italeri GR-1).  Only real mod to it was the nose gear, the rest was all paint job and decals...oh and dont forget the Sea Eagle slung under the center line pylon.

I know Thor has done one with a radar nose.....What did u use for that Thor?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

Yeap i did a Sea Jaguar as well, Fitted the Agave radar but seem to think its off a drop tank than robbing a supper E (yet a Supper E with the GR1 laser nose might be different)

Added the twin nose wheel with larger bay and modified main to a single wheel format. Added wingtip side winders (as per the Mitsibushi T-1 BAE designed wing) as the overwing ones would clash with the wing fold. Went with Martels i think warload.

Nice easy mod, pity the Italeri Jaguar fits so crap considering the nice detail.

Geoff B B)  

Martin H

Wing fold?  I worked on the basis that the jag wing was small enought not to need a fold. hence mine lugging over wing winders
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

P1127

QuoteWing fold?  I worked on the basis that the jag wing was small enought not to need a fold. hence mine lugging over wing winders
Me too, no wider than a Harrier

Thought about a Sea Eagle, but decided not enough clearance under the fuselage - if carried, mine would have been SHAR style under the wings.

I left my U/C as was - but then I was only 15 at the time!!
It's not an effing  jump jet.

TsrJoe

just found a file at the PRO. on the original NAST specification which led to the Jaguar trainer, as initially proposed for the RAF. one snippet i didnt realise till now was that the trainer was to equip the RN. too...cool...

cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

elmayerle

Quotejust found a file at the PRO. on the original NAST specification which led to the Jaguar trainer, as initially proposed for the RAF. one snippet i didnt realise till now was that the trainer was to equip the RN. too...cool...

cheers, joe
Hmm, a Jaguar T.2N in FAA trainer markings sounds interesting.

Bryan H.

Radar-or-not-to-radar...  I've always liked the chisel-nose; it's unique!   :D
Quotejust found a file at the PRO. on the original NAST specification which led to the Jaguar trainer, as initially proposed for the RAF. one snippet i didnt realise till now was that the trainer was to equip the RN. too...cool...
That's interesting about the RN Jaguar trainers; were single-seaters planned also for the RN?  Sea Jaguars could also be sold to Australia, Argentina (pre-Falklands), Brazil, India and maybe even to a re-carriered Canada, Netherlands or Japan!  ^_^  

The carrier trainer might go over well with the USN.  Additionally, if the Essex carriers were re-activated (as proposed in the early 80's) they might make a good small attack aircraft; say ~20 Sea Jaguars & ~20 F/A-18's for a possible air group.  

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

Zen

Hmmmm BAC P69 studies for upgraded Jaguar.

Variant 4 has twin RB199's.....bigger fatter fusilage.

But solves the power requirements and then some!

But how do you go about modeling that?

Its not like you can take an existing Jag surely?
To win without fighting, that is the mastry of war.

Geoff_B

QuoteIts not like you can take an existing Jag surely?

Oh I don't know, when you see the break down of a Jaguar kit (Especially the Hasegawa with the different fwd Fuselages) It should allow for some adaptation. We just need some decent drawings to check the parameters and see what woyld be required.

The later P.71 with single engines, Delta wings or STOL enhancements should also be possible.

Cheers

G B)  

Hobbes

QuoteIts not like you can take an existing Jag surely?
RB. 199? Easy: just stick the back half of a Tornado (everything aft of the intakes, minus the wing) onto a Jag nose and wing.

:P  

nev

Why use RB.199s when you could use EJ.2000s  :wub:

40,000lbs of thrust, what's a Jag weigh?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May