BAE-Sepecat Jaguar, Mitsubushi F-1 and T-2

Started by John Howling Mouse, April 10, 2003, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Knight

Any one after the agave nose conversion for a jaguar in 48th or 72nd? i suggest you check these out:

TMW7201 1/72 Resin Jaguar IM Agave nose conversion

The Model Works 1/72 scale Resin Jaguar IM Agave nose conversion For Hasegawa kit

or

TMW4801 1/48 Resin Jaguar IM Agave nose conversion

The Model Works 1/48 scale Resin Jaguar IM Agave nose conversion For Airfix kit

These are made by my dad in resin and i can highly recommend them as it is a cheap price for the quality work he does. The masters were originally scatch built against accurate plans as they were originaly used for an indian air force order of jaguar models.

:tornado:

***cleaned up the links to the eBay items, added supporting images from the respective pages for each product***-jjf
As The Dark Master rests, the Black Knight protects the New Commonwealth.

Aerotech, Keeping you ahead by any means.

Black Knight

He's also got a few other conversions coming soon, a couple more jags, 1/72 hawk 200, and may possibly release a canberra t.17 conversion

DarrenP

Have always been a big fan of the Jaguar. Totally agree that New Zealand AF would have had a great platform to replace the A4 espically if they used some of the Project Khau items like the radar. The more powerful engines would be needed. A combination of the GR3A and Khau would be ideal. Other users IMHO should have been Rhodesia to replace the Canberra & Hunter. Lebanon to replace the Hunter. Jordan, Malaysia, Kenya, Chile  Kuwait would be others. In NATO Canada,Norway,Denmark,Holland,Belgium,Germany, Spain, all instead of F5 & F104
I certainly think a Naval version would have been interesting from the likes of HMS Hermes or the CVA 01. 
Some systems I would have liked to see for the Jaguar Shrike ARM, ASRAM, Blue Fox/Vixen Radar.
The Jaguar definitly had potential and was a victim of being a mulitnational project in which its main competitor the F1 was made by one of the partners. And from the UK side the compition with the Harrier. The use of it in Iraq and the Balkans proved its worth and the GR3a update showed the unfulfiled potential.

Black Knight

Quote from: Overkiller on December 19, 2009, 06:51:58 AM
Quote from: Black Knight on December 19, 2009, 12:13:37 AM
He's also got a few other conversions coming soon.....yada yada yada..... 1/72 hawk 200, yada yada yada....

1/72 Hawk 200 conversion?!!!!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

OH SWEET MOTHER MERCY! YES!

Yes for the airfix hawk 100 and its looking very good already

kitnut617

Quote from: DarrenP on December 19, 2009, 07:26:23 AM
I certainly think a Naval version would have been interesting from the likes of HMS Hermes or the CVA 01. 
Some systems I would have liked to see for the Jaguar Shrike ARM, ASRAM, Blue Fox/Vixen Radar.

Now there's an idea  :thumbsup:  Some time ago I got a Maintrack FA.2 conversion and have a Hase' FRS.1 Sea Harrier all chopped up ready to go for it, but now I've got the Airfix Club FA.2 coming ----------
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

norseman

As part of the big wing project there was also talk of fitting the RR RB.543 engines which were a follow on design from the Adour and could be swapped into place with them, this engine in it's initial form was to be rated at 12,000lb reheat (aaprox 8-8,500lb dry)with a margin of growth on top of that.

In the end budget cuts meant constant tweaks of the original Adour design. It will be interesting to see how the Indian airforce competition for the Jaguar engine upgrade goes.

GTX

Ok folks,

Looking for recommendations/advice - all related to 1/48 Jaguars:

• Suggestions/recommendations for T-2 conversions
  • Does anyone offer a Agave radar nose?
  • Does anyone offer a Jaguar M conversion?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

rickshaw

Black Knight 8 posts before yours mentioned a 1/48 Agave radar nose for the Jaguar, Greg.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

nev

T-2, I believe Paragon do a conversion.  I've seen some stunning builds done with it.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

Quote from: rickshaw on June 25, 2010, 08:55:32 PM
Black Knight 8 posts before yours mentioned a 1/48 Agave radar nose for the Jaguar, Greg.

:banghead:

GTX

Actually, Jeffry Fontaine had a damn fine suggestion that I wish I had thought of:  use a same scale  Mitsubushi T-2 to get the two seat element & radar nose.

Regards,

Greg

MAD

Quote from: uk 75 on February 02, 2004, 05:07:21 AM

A Commonwealth Jaguar would have been fun. I am sure that if Canada had bought Jaguar for NATO duties it might have been a better bet for Australia and New Zealand

Ralph UK75

Sorry Ralph UK75, I don`t know if you are aware or not - but the RAAF was offered the Jaguar, early in the Mirage III replacement time frame. I have a great book somewhere (or is it a magazine?) showing all the preliminary design offers, to meet this requirement (from memory the British offered a couple of proposals - including Harrier`s, Jaguar`s and Tornado`s!)

Again in my opinion the Jaguar M (carrier-based) was a sad and missed opportunity for the French Navy!!

M.A.D

MAD

Hey sorry Greg, again somewhere somehow I missed your VG Jaguar in 2008.
Its funny as I was reading through the 6 pages of this forum, and when the words variable-geometry came up, I was wondering when you were going to do your magic (what with your love of VG!). It looks great - although I have to agree with Mav, about its adding of weight, complexity and cost! Hey but that's the great thing about 'what if'!!

Quote from: Weaver on December 26, 2008, 10:39:51 AM
I have acquired a Matchbox Jag and an Airfix Mirage F1, with the intention of doing a super-Jag with a "big-wing", However, on mating up the parts, the Mirage wing is so similar in size to the Jag one that you'd hardly notice the difference!  :banghead:

I'm considering a Crusader wing, but I think it'll be too big.... :huh:

It funny, but what about if Greg (GTX), could do a VG-wing F-8 Crusader (as per his VG-wing Jaguar!), for French Navy service. This would possibly be both political and industrially exceptable to the French for the following reasons-
1/ Both Dassault and Vought had an agreement about the exchange of VG technology. Dassault had developed VG technology for its Mirage IIIG/G/G8 series of fighters, which it had passed on to Vought, under an industrial agreement, for Vought to use this Dassault VG knowledge on its VFX (Vought Model V-507) design submission.

2/ The Vought F-8 Crusader had already broken through the then growing and political influential 'pro-buy French only' lobbying (which is the prim reason why the French rejected the more capable, more versatile and more effective Jaguar M, over that of the 'all-French Super Etendard.
From what I have read, the Dassault VG wing design/mechanism was meant to be lighter and less complex than that of the then trend/competitors!

3/ The Vought F-8`s high-wing arrangement would be easier to adapt to VG-wing configuration (well that my theory ;D)

M.A.D

rickshaw

Just came across a couple of interesting pages on the Jaguar M

French page on Jaguar M characteristics - http://www.ffaa.net/projects/jaguar/caracteristiques.htm
(includes three view drawing of the Jaguar M)

French page with walk-around pictures of the remaining Jaguar M prototype -
http://aviapassionmaquette.free.fr/Aviapassion%20Maquette%20photoscope%20Jaguar%20M.html

French page with a lot of detail on the development of the Jaguar M -
http://www.ffaa.net/projects/jaguar/jaguar_fr.htm

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

Posted this in another thread, BAC P.71 Jaguar development to AST.396.  Lift engine plus single RB.199 with cascades to give near VTOL performance, radar nose.
Pic found here: http://warships1discussionboards.yuku.com/topic/10798

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.