Spanish Tomcat - FINISHED!

Started by pyro-manic, August 07, 2008, 06:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Good good! Glad to see someone can see 'em!

This model is now FINISHED! :wub: Pics to follow shortly, as soon as I can find my camera cable....
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

pyro-manic

And here we go! Finished pictures of the Ejercito del Aire's F-14 Tomcat, as envisioned by SPINNERS.

Original profile shot:

General view, showing off the gorgeous camouflage scheme and sleek lines of the F-14:

Side view showing weapons, markings and cockpit:

Belly shot, showing off the warload:

After having fiddled around with several ideas for armament, I decided on a precision strike loadout - the Tomcat carries two Taurus KEPD 350 long-range air-to-ground missiles, as well as two AIM-9M Sidewinder missiles for self defence. Two AMRAAMs are also carried under the fuselage, providing a secondary air-to-air capability once the strike has been carried out. Other hardpoints are occupied by drop tanks.

This is the Italeri F-14A, in 1:72 scale. Spanish decals, Taurus missiles and AIM-9Ms from the Revell Eurofighter. Paints are a mixture of Tamiya, Citadel and Vallejo, all hand-painted (looking at these photos, there are a few mistakes and areas that need touching up!). I'll have to get some sort of stand for it as well, or hang it from some fishing line for display. I'll get some better photos in daylight, but these show it off quite well I think. Hope everyone likes it! :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

That looks excellent Pyro! Well done! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Still getting some red crosses among the photos I can see, but there are enough showing to get a sense of it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

SPINNERS

ysi_maniac

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
:wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.