Stellar Republic of Texas Diamondback

Started by sotoolslinger, August 10, 2008, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff3385

STS,

Keep this up and we'll have to change your callsign to "WEAPS". Dick Chaney could take this thing bird hunting.  Shaping up to be a super cool rootin' tootin' addition to your collection.
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

sotoolslinger

Thank you brother Jeff :wub: Like the one armed deputy in Unforgiven said "If I'm gonna get shot, I don't want it to be for lack of shootin back." ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

This just gets cooler every time i click on the thread!! :thumbsup: don't know how you think of this, but it is great :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Brian da Basher

Ahhhhh now that's more like it, Toolslinger! A properly up-gunned Texicun!

Good luck with the PT today. Hopefully it won't keep you away from the bench too long!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Hey Ya'll. For some reason my laptop won't connect this morning so I can't post new pics. I had to log in on the house comp to post this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.

AeroplaneDriver

Man, this thing is looking mean.   :wub:

I love that it has the same heavy cannons as my fighter. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

sotoolslinger

Thanks AD  :wub: Definitely love those cannons ;D Just something you might consider , in my back story a discovery of a photokinetic crystal forest on one of Neptune's moons allows KNZ Armory to modify these cannon to fire ammo made from weaponized lab grown crystals which when hit with a lazer convert to a dense plasma bolt  :wacko: My aircraft stagger load their cannon with standard armor piercing explosive railgun ammo with these crystal energy projectiles :wacko:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Back online  ;D here are some update pics
finalised under wing weapons loadout

Electromagnetic pulse projectors

Possible added manuvering thrusters :blink:

Will probably change that to hypermagnetic gravity manipulators like are installed in the canards
Wing tips will also have steering gear top and bottom

I am working on a phased plasma weapon to be mounted on a turret on the bottom of the craft for defensive use and ground/capitol ship attack :wacko:
Pics later ;D
I amuse me.

Weaver

Tch - you know if you were really trying, you could have got at least five more missiles in there:

Lightweight......... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Yeah ....well.... those missiles would have had to have been in the wrong scale............. and anyway they would interfer with the flaps ;D :rolleyes: :lol: :o :blink:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Besides who needs extra missiles when you have these options
Standard Light Assault Accessory (pronounced Slay)

This is a mulitispectrum 180 x360 degree sensor suite linked to a Hardbeam laser lance(combined laser and particle beam projector) plumbed directly into the fuel system and  the Asunder Construct main drive. :wacko:
Just a minute :blink:
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on August 15, 2008, 05:56:51 PM
Needs more cowbell....      :thumbsup:

;D one of my favorite SNL skits  ;D   I don't think there's room for a cowbell on there anywhere, now maybe I nice set of Longhorn steer horns  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

But wait there is also the Heavy Assault Combat Accessory(pronounced Hacker) a Phased Plasma Beam projector with a range of just under 100 miles

This weapon is rarely deployed as it uses 30% more fuel than the engines at full speed

This is actually the most powerful per shot weapon that the craft can be equipped with and it's flexible mount allows great versitility but in a combat situation it can be overused to the point that it draws all fuel from the craft and shuts down or "kills" the reactor.
It requires a Toolslinger Engine Works Burn Ignition Actuator Complex (the size of a small house ) and a cowbell to restart a "dead" reactor
I amuse me.