Light Assault Carrier (Sci-Fi)

Started by BlackOps, August 10, 2008, 05:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: dragon on August 10, 2008, 11:05:57 PM
Actually, it looks closer to the carriers in Space: Above and Beyond :cheers:

Thought the same thing.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Rafael

Love the shape, love the concept :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

It's a wonderful way of using spent toner cartridges. Excellent build!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Joe C-P

This is a great idea! It inspires me to look at non-model bits and pieces for my projects.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

HOG

Hiya Bl`Ops
Looks like a real fun build you`ve got going on here. Those toner cartridges look like great subjects for washes and dry brushing to bring out instant detail. A great junk build.

When I posted my headfhone tank on another site someone left the comment  "Great job, you have a brilliant stroke on your cobblesum. "  which seems to fit here and if you ever find out what it means pleaase let me know.  ;D

Cheers Gary
:drink:
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

noxioux

Killer idea.  And, as commented already (darn it), it's definitely has that "space: above and beyond" look to it.  All you need now are some 1:350 hammerheads. . .

BlackOps

Not a whole lotta progress but I did work on the fighters a bit. Sure takes a lotta time to shape something so small.

I've got the rough shape down, starting to add details to the underside then I will smooth them out, add the canopies, and decide on a paint scheme for my 1st squadron of fighters. I also need to pick up more of the 1/350 Hornets so I can make more fighters but they sure seem pricey for something so small.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

I've got to commend you for your work on those wee little fighters, Black Ops! They certainly look the part! It takes a lot of talent and patience to work in such a small scale.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Very cool !  A large mini fighter wing is going to make this a rockin build !

Sisko

If that is a light assault carrier I wonder how big the Fleet carriers are!!!!! :o

Nice bash I really can't wait to see paint on this puppy.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

nev

Oh yes!  I am always in awe of those of you who can look at a piece of whatever and have the imagination to turn it into a whatever-you-dream-up :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

BlackOps

Haven't been at the bench much lately, you can find out why here http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21291.0.html

I did get in a little time though so here's a few updates.

Front view

Rear View

The super structure has not been permanently attached yet so it's a little crooked in some of the photos.

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

tanktastic43

Great job BlackOps. Keep going this is a great looking kitbash.  :thumbsup:

Are you planning on keeping it 'clean' as it is or putting on lots of defensive turrets and pods?

Brian da Basher

You've built a lot of incredible projects, Black Ops but I think this monster is my favorite! I'm absolutely amazed at your use of "found objects". I'm enjoying every update you post!

My vote is to keep the "google eyes" but you may want to take that suggestion with a bit of salt...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Absolutlely outstanding :wub: what a great build :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland