Republic Cruiser

Started by Sisko, August 15, 2008, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Quote from: nev on August 26, 2008, 02:03:43 PM
Stunning work on the engines! :wub:

Are those thin yellow lines masking tape???????

Yes they are.  Tamiya tape a sharp knife and a piece of glass.

Oh yeah lots of patience. It is very zen :rolleyes:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

BlackOps

It's that dadgum patience thing that gets me every time! Lookin' very nice Sisko  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Well part of the lower hull is done. The major part any way.

The red markings will have to be touched up then it's a coat of Lusterless flat to seal in the goodness.

So far I am very happy with the way it is coming together. Due to commitments I won't be doing any more until next week. I also have to consult the Prequels Chronicals to get some definitive painting guides for certain sections which I have no references for.

The paint guide for the kit is some what off.  :blink:

And one other annoying feature of the paint guide is that they have only specified revell colours which seem to have no cross references amongst the acrylic range which I use exclusively. So I am winging it.

After seeing the clone wars movie I have decided to deviate from the standard one seen at the beginning of the Eps III so there will be some subtle differences with the paint job.

Thuuuuuuuuus classifying it as a What If!!! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Taiidantomcat

a Sci-Fi Whif...twice removed from reality.   :ph34r:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Brian da Basher

Sisko you're one of the real artists when it comes to paintwork, and I'm bowled over by your incredible talent yet again! Just outstanding!!!
:wub: :bow: :wub: :bow: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Sisko

Well a lot has happened since I last posted work on this puppy.

A lot of personal crap has been going on in my life and so the enthusiasm for modelling has been waxing and waning of late.

However I still managed to finish the lower hull of my Republic Cruiser. I probably could have finished this a long time ago but no point in forcing modelling time when my heart isn't in it.

I am now beginning to mask up the top hull section. I am keen to finish this project now because I have others that I want to get to.

Taiidantomcat

Remarkable. I can not believe how good this looks  :o

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Damian2

Amazing work Sisko, your painting skills are trully great!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Mossie

Coming together very nicely!  I'm looking forward to seeing this finished. :cheers:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Brian da Basher on August 28, 2008, 01:44:02 PM
Sisko you're one of the real artists when it comes to paintwork, and I'm bowled over by your incredible talent yet again! Just outstanding!!!
:wub: :bow: :wub: :bow: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Absolutely agreed!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

BlackOps

Sisko, I hope things in your personal life even out soon. This is the best I've ever seen this kit look!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Taiidantomcat

It looks amazing, one of the best models i have ever seen period. :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

I hope things return to an even keel soon in your personal life, Sisko. Very wise of you to let that beauty sit until the inspiration returned. And wow you got back to work without missing a beat!

Totally looks the stuff and you can bet I'm taking notes for when I tackle my Polar Lights Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise.

Your projects never fail to inspire me!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher