Republic Cruiser

Started by Sisko, August 15, 2008, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Absolutely positively stunning and awe inspiring. I think I'll just start coloring my models with crayons, because I am stunned by your detail in the paint dept.WOW!!!!!!
Look behind you!

Sisko

Thanks again for the positive feedback. Especially from many of the talented modelers that I look up to around here.

I get kind of worried that it is a Sci-Fi project and not a true Whif as such, so doesn't belong.

In the course of this build the model has gone already gone through 8 of the 9 stages of a modelling project.

Idea
Commencement
Enthusiasm
Wavering
Disillusionment
Stagnation
Rediscovery
Enthusiasm
Completion

I hope that no 8 comes soon :rolleyes:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Sisko on November 17, 2008, 05:40:45 AM
Thanks again for the positive feedback. Especially from many of the talented modelers that I look up to around here.

I get kind of worried that it is a Sci-Fi project and not a true Whif as such, so doesn't belong.

In the course of this build the model has gone already gone through 8 of the 9 stages of a modelling project.

Idea
Commencement
Enthusiasm
Wavering
Disillusionment
Stagnation
Rediscovery
Enthusiasm
Completion

I hope that no 8 comes soon :rolleyes:

If there were 12 steps, we could form a support and recovery group.
;)
Looking forward to your next update, Sisko!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Sci Fi is What If ;D :wub:
This one should be labeled "What If you can paint better than anyone" :wub: :blink: :party: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Benjo

Yeah that is one awesome paintjob. Its incredible
Being creative can be a gift - And a curse...

Sisko

Well it has been awhile since this was updated.

The two halves of the hull are together and the upper super structure is painted but not finished. I am also working on the two bridges.

I have decided to paint them in the scheme of the command cruiser in the Clone Wars TV show.

The decals........well let me tell you a story. For three months I had scoured my shed looking for the decals. I had put them aside to keep them safe and then promptly forgot where they were. I finally found them two weeks ago and went to apply them. All was well until I put decal softener on them. Disaster!!! They went all distorted and broke up in some parts. In short they looked crap, so I was then left with no option but to paint them on. This meant matching the colour and cutting masks. A tedious job but one in the end I am proud of.

I will be glad when this is finished. I have a few slammer kits that I want to build just clear my head. ;D

Brian da Basher

Yowsa!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! All your hard work really paid off, Sisko!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

It's looking a treat Sisko!  Got to admit, one of my favourite scenes in the whole saga is the beggining of Return of the Sith, follwoing the Jedi fighters that are hugging the Cruiser, then diving into the melee below, great.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sauragnmon

I always did love the sleek, clean, aggressive look of the Venator class, especially with the scorpion-tail-styled bridge deck.  They just ooze sexiness, and I swear, the Imperial Class rather lost that, with all the stepped upper levels.

Has me thinking of a bit of a whif in the Star Wars universe - what if the ISD's had retained a sleeker appearance from the Venators?  Take an ISD, putty up some sloping sections on the stepped structure, give it a smoother, streamlined look on the bridge... Who knows, that might come out pretty interesting, eventually, when I really get the gusto to do it.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Sisko

Quote from: Mossie on December 10, 2008, 03:27:30 AM
It's looking a treat Sisko!  Got to admit, one of my favourite scenes in the whole saga is the beggining of Return of the Sith, follwoing the Jedi fighters that are hugging the Cruiser, then diving into the melee below, great.

That is my favourite scene to.

Especially when I get the home theatre crankin

Mossie

Home theatre!!! :thumbsup:  Which I had such a set up, it's made for that scene!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

I'm speechless in wonderment! All I can say is BRAVO!!
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Sisko, this really is an incredible looking model.  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

I started to realize that some of the subtlety of your paint-finish was likely beyond the capabilities of my laptop's screen.  So, I used IE's zoom feature and at 400% you just begin to get a sense of all the degrees of shading, tiny painted lines and other shapes involved.  I'm willing to wager that this is one of those masterpieces that needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.

So, we're all coming over this weekend, 'kay?

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Absolutely stunning! :wub:  Are you going to weather the shiznit out of it?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May