Main Menu

It'll be rude not to!

Started by kitbasher, August 16, 2008, 02:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Cool idea and a good looking model.  But I wonder (not to be a JMN) but wouldn't it have CG problems with the rotor that far back on the fuselage?

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kitbasher

Quote from: Ed S on September 25, 2008, 05:35:42 AM
Cool idea and a good looking model.  But I wonder (not to be a JMN) but wouldn't it have CG problems with the rotor that far back on the fuselage?
Only if the pilot forgot to lean forward (it's in the Pilot's Notes - honest!)  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sotoolslinger

Stunning ;D :blink: It is stuff like this that makes this the best modeling site in the world :thumbsup: :wub: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Well I certainly didn't see this coming! Cool idea Kitbasher!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ti Raven

Nice lines ~ cool design, kitbasher. Much spiffiness!
Collecting Greeblies is.... addictive.

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitbasher

Quote from: TsrJoe on October 01, 2008, 06:53:36 AM
for possible inspiration ...
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1943/1943%20-%200521.html
I honestly had no idea this existed!  One for The Wooksta and his Mossie Mania, perhaps?  ;D ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

What a frustrating week or two!  Not as much modelling as I'd have wished, and when I've had the chance things have either taken much longer than anticipated, or have been much harder to achieve that originally thought.  The 'Warlock is a case in point.  I'd originally planned to use the main u/c off a very ancient and long unfinished (and scrapped) Airfix Whirlwind HAR.22 (the donor for the rotor, by the way),  but it just would not work - either the placing was all wrong or it frankly looked unfeasible whichever way I looked at it (he says, building an autogyro Spitfire of all things!).  So back to basics, and I thought simple but sturdy mainwheel legs would be the order of the day, courtesy of the spares box.
Anyway, legs fitted, sanding and priming done, just need to let the latter harden so blemishes can be sorted, and proper painting will eventually follow (oh, must fit the canopy first).  And here we are, with the rotor simply placed on the mast...............

;D ;D

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kitbasher

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitbasher

A couple of preview pics of the Warlock - finished about 15 minutes ago - with proper pics and backstory later this week.

Now I'd better get my skates on with that twin-Battle/Fairey Falcon I want to get done in time fo SMW2008!  ;D ;D

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Looking good.  That is a brilliant idea with the Spitfire.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.