Migina 1 - profile by Arc3371

Started by Weaver, August 17, 2008, 06:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Since it took several days to put the masking on, I suppose it's only proper to take several days to remove it. here's where I got to before tea:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

And here's what I did after tea:

You'll have to image "The Stripper" music for yourselves......

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

And you know what you get when you take all that masking tape off?
.This......

A big pile of masking tape!  :wacko:

Well I'm tired now, and it really does take ages to take all the little squares off, so I think I'll leave the rest for tomorrow now - g'night!

- Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Weaver

Awwwwww......

Okay, here's a taster:

Big masking off, but dots still on. The Dark Grey (tips and tail) seems have gone on a bit patchily: I think I thinned it too much. It doesn't look bad on the flat surfaces, but it's also crept under some of the squares, which will therefore require some careful cleaning up. More later - to be honest, I thought I'd uploaded more pictures than this to photobucket last night, but I must have only uploaded them to my PC.

- Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Danged nifty.Looking forward to seeing it in all it's squirrely glory ;D :wub:
I amuse me.

Weaver

Okay, here we go; full-frontal nudity!

The reclining pose (the canopy is still full of the blu-tack used to keep it on during painting):

The tennis-girl shot:

And the centre-spread:

And, of course, the telephoto shot of her slobbing around in trackies with no make-up on, printed in all the tabloids:

That last one was the first test of my new close-up lens set, by the way. Very narrow depth of field, but a hell of a lot cheaper than a complete Macro lens! There are examples of this paint creep on both tips and the tail too: I'm going to try to clean it up with a cocktail stick dipped in A LITTLE paint remover and much screwed up courage....

And after all this tacky stuff, some modern art, to raise the mind to higher things:

Tonight I've put the first coat of Insignia Yellow on the tail, defined the control surfaces with a very sharp pencil, chickened out of doing the same for the u/c doors, and done some more stores painting.

- Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Unless this is supposed to be a brand new plane those flaws look like natural wear .I say leave it :thumbsup: :wub: :bow:
It is filled with squirrely goodness ;D
I amuse me.

Arc3371

Looks good to me and like sotoolslinger says the imperfections give it character, arent the colors brownish? Or is it my poor color vision?

Weaver

Quote from: Arc3371 on September 25, 2008, 06:25:13 PM
Looks good to me and like sotoolslinger says the imperfections give it character, arent the colors brownish? Or is it my poor color vision?

Not in the flesh, as it were. The photos look very, very, very slightly brown to me  - could be the lighting? I'll probably be doing some in natural daylight over the weekend.....

- Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Your building and painting skills are just amazing
Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

Quote from: ysi_maniac on September 26, 2008, 05:32:38 AM
Your building and painting skills are just amazing

I'm more amazed by how flattering digital photography is........

(but thanks, all the same.... ;D)

- Indiana Jones

Ed S

Looks good.  Your masking and the soft edge mask turned out really well.  Should look even better with the markings.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Brian da Basher

Weaver

Insigina Yellow tail and black anti-glare panel:

The masking on the lower nose is for Steel blast plates behind the cannon muzzles.

Decals printed this morning.......  :wub: :wub: :wub:

- Indiana Jones