Amerika Bomber

Started by Glenn, August 23, 2008, 01:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

On Hitlers' birthday, 1947 a secret weapon was launched from a remote base in Norway to attack the American mainland. The aircraft, an Arado bomber with Ramjet engines launched with RATO high into the atmosphere. At a speed of Mach 3 this aircraft was unstopable........the rest is history.

Model : Monogram 'Orient Express' with canards from a YF-22. Cockpit canopy, 1/48 fuel tank half.

Jeffry Fontaine

Wow!  That is really impressive.  I never gave much thought to that Monogram Orient Express snap-kit when it was available on the shelf and now you show up with a wicked WHIF based on that thing.  Splendid is about the best description I can come up with at the moment. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Maverick

Brilliant stuff Glenn,

Certainly looks the part & the camo scheme is just super.

Regards,

Mav

MartG

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Big Bird

I like the idea, nice camo.

John Howling Mouse

So perfect looking I'd swear it's a CGI.  What a great concept, Glenn, finished off in just the right camo.
"The rest is history..."   Indeed.  Imagine flying in your Mustang and having this whip over your head at an altitude and speed you cannot possibly reach!   :o
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Holy cow !!!!  You've outdone yourself on this one, Glenn !   :wub:

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on August 23, 2008, 07:49:52 AM
So perfect looking I'd swear it's a CGI.  What a great concept, Glenn, finished off in just the right camo.
"The rest is history..."   Indeed.  Imagine flying in your Mustang and having this whip over your head at an altitude and speed you cannot possibly reach!   :o

I agree 100%!
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

An absolute stunner, mate! It's great to see you posting again!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

As you liked the first shot, here's the undersides. The Nuke is a mix of E'green tubing, a fuel tank piece for the nose, and sheet for the fins. It fits half way inside the lower body.
Lower markings, hand painted....couldn't find any real ones.
Glenn

Ed S

Looks great from both views. 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

BlackOps

:wub: Glenn, this is what whif's are all about! Great job!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Taiidantomcat

Has a gorgeous "starfighter look" despite the bombing job  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

MarkH262

Great Luft '46 err....... '47. Love the "marbled" type paint scheme on top if that is what you intented.  :thumbsup:

Mark H.