Gunfighting Falcon or if 16 was 8

Started by Eddie M., August 23, 2008, 09:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I felt like a total failure giving up on the Cobra/Bronco, so I felt like I needed to make some positive progress on something. Here's the beginning of my F-8/F-16 mash & bash. I know it bears a strong resemblence to the A-7 after I chopped the plugs out, but it will be different enough to get a second take or two. ;D  Now I can go soak up the Metal Mayhem in San Antonio with a clear mind and willing body. :party:
    Eddie

Look behind you!

Big Bird

sotoolslinger

I knew there was some reason I like you ;D :wub: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

Really haven't had the modeling bug lately, so I tried something different today. I'm not looking forward to a lot of super detail, so I cheated on the cockpit. I painted the IP white, let it dry and then hit it with black paint. Let it dry and then go over the top of the relief and take it down to the white again. I suppose I could have been more careful, but I'm looking for more of a big picture on this one, so it will do for now.:

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

noxioux

Excellent drybrushing on that panel.

I like this idea, especially if the whiff operated in Southeast Asia.  From what I understand, the Corsair/Crusaders weren't quite as nimble as the MiG's back then.  I don't know if it's true, but it could be, and that's good enough!

Not to hijack or anything, but you're not the only one who's whiff challenged lately.  For some reason I felt like buying a fly rod last weekend, while three kits sit half done on my bench. . . :banghead:

Shasper

To add to the list of members who arent building. . . I havent done not one thing on any of my projects that followed me back to school, been trying to finish the details on my flightsuit & trying to figure out how to build 12 message drop boxes for the Flight Team. . .

Interesting concept Eddie, and I dig the cockpit detail!

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

Thanks Gents!!
More work on the rear end.

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Whoa, that's a nice, erm, "backside" you got there, Eddie (look away, Mrs. M!).  Good job on the paint-n-scrape method for your IP, too.
Looking fwd to this one.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Thank you. ;D I'm going to get some more done today hopefully. :party:
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Join the club boss :blink: I have 4 half arse done projects setting on the bench right now  :banghead: :banghead: One I haven't even posted pics of yet. :rolleyes:
Love the concept and the work so far :wub:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

That's what you call "cheating" on the cockpit? Yowsa! That's what I call outstanding!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Ed S

Looks like an interesting concept.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

You may call the instrument panel "cheating", but I call it a "nice job".

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Eddie M.

Thanks Gents! I appreciate it very much.

Fuselage is back together and....as a bonus.... a first look at what will become of the F-16 fuselage.:D

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Be still my beating heart :wub: Excuse me I have to go catch my pants :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.