Gunfighting Falcon or if 16 was 8

Started by Eddie M., August 23, 2008, 09:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinUnNombre

Wow. You're really outdoing yourself with these Eddie. The Shortened F-8 is pretty slick in its own right, but WOW! The F-18 wings on the F-16 fuse is just so natural and organic. It needs a set of canards, And maybe twin tails from an F-15 or the like. And possibly a Concorde-style intake, built from some F-15 pieces. Keep up the great work, and keep us posted with your progress.

Jon

Eddie M.

Thank you STS and SUN! :D

First off, being the owner of the Kitty of Death, I thought I'd share a pic of Tiger on the hunt. I call this "Death from Above" ;)

Now, here's the progress for today.

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

SinUnNombre

Lookin good Eddie. I love how you blended the tail in. It's amazing the uses of drop tanks. Have you thought of maybe stretching the nose cone out a bit? Maybe an F-18 piece?

Jon

Taiidantomcat

Just looks better and better, Two aircraft that both resemble sharks in the F-8 and F-16. I just know this is going to look incredible when finished :bow: Had the Idea of mating an F-8 nose and fuse to a Flanker...this is making me wonder what im waiting for... :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Brian da Basher

That's one hot ship you've got in the works, Eddie!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Sisko

wow you have come back with a vengence!!! :party:

Lookin good.  :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

AeroplaneDriver

Looking great Eddie.  It's not a radical whif, but a subtle one that really does make you wonder what the evolution of the F-8 could have lead to.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Oh yeahhhh!!! Those cranked wingtips rock!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Shasper

Alt. thought here, but whatabout  some wingtip rails?

Shas b)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

CanisD

What about cranked wingtips WITH wingtip rails?
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

upnorth

Great stuff Eddie!

I like the cranked wingtips, but don't put rails on them.

Are you going to keep the AAM rails on the sides of the fuselge as the Crusader had them in real life? I always thought that was one of the cooler aspects of the F-8.

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Eddie M.

Thank you All very much! Upnorth, I'm going to keep those rails and I've managed to add a little something to boot.;D

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

:wub: :wub: That last pic just looks so cool  :ph34r: Maybe AMRAAMS on the Fuselage and Sidewinders on the tips or vicey-versey? That Pod looks great, excellent.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.