Gunfighting Falcon or if 16 was 8

Started by Eddie M., August 23, 2008, 09:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Been so busy lately I missed your last update :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Forgive me My Master :bow: I love the drooped wingtips.It is my understanding that this adds ground effect making landing easier :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Damn! Been a while since I checked in on this one and it's lookin' hella good Eddie!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

QuoteBeen so busy lately I missed your last update     Forgive me My Master  I love the drooped wingtips.It is my understanding that this adds ground effect making landing easier

Thank you! I hope the ground effects would make this aircraft more stable, because I've just got done loading it for Bear. ;) ;D

QuoteDamn! Been a while since I checked in on this one and it's lookin' hella good Eddie! 

Thank you very much!! By the way, new Metallica this week!! :party:

Here's the proposed loadout. I just wanted to see how much I could load up, just like the "real" F-16. ;D

Look behind you!

Macal

Hi There!

Clean job! I like it :) But if it's a Gunfighting plane, why don't You put "autocannon" like weapons on:) So many heavy gatling like guns...hmmm :P :)

Brian da Basher

Hmmm I see a space or two under the wings that could fit another missile.

Judging by the armament, this bird must belong to the Texas Air Guard!

Looking sweet, Eddie!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Shasper

Looks prime for a 2-seat conversion ;)

Shas b)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Mossie

Looking good as always Eddie! A few ideas to throw your way:

Love the canted wingtips, but maybe they could do with just a touch less anhedral?
How about a new nose, keep the gunfighter look with the intake but with a longer cone for a larger radar set?  might restrict the view a little when landing.
As Shas said, a scond man might be a good thing, the pilot is going to be damn busy with such a large & diverse loadout!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

I think that this is going to be a super whiff :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Eddie M.

Thank you very much All y'all!

Mossie,
I've tried the longer nose, but just doesn't look right. Ya know like one of those monkeys with the big nose? As per your advice, I'm gonna fix the wing tips the way you described. You and Shas mentioned a two seater. Not with this one ,but the point of having to much to do stuck with me, so i'll be lightening the work load just a bit.

Thanks for the input !
Look behind you!

Mossie

Proboscis Monkey, get ya!  Yeah, I see what you mean, it could end up looking a little silly.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

All right, here's the all telling primer stage. Not too bad I guess...

Look behind you!

tanktastic43

Great looking build Eddie.  :thumbsup: (He writes while listening to Holy Diver cd)

Eddie M.

Thanks! Dude, you did see the Dio CD cover on the Workbench? I just pick up the "Very Beast of Dio " at Walmart for about $6. It's got all his best tunes on it, including a live version of Man on the Silver Mountain :thumbsup:
Look behind you!

Spey_Phantom

im speechless, how can this F-8/F-16 combo look so amazingly cool  :blink:

:wub:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.