THE EMPIRES TWILIGHT

Started by thedarkmaster, August 23, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chevpol

Thats nice!!! how many club card points do you get when travelling?

Mark
"Smile, let the buggers wonder what you have been up to!!"

'ello, 'ello, 'ello, what's going on here then?

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Gondor

Maybe you should have modelled a twin engine design with an extra little help by adding a third engine rather than starting with three engines, or did they do a deal with the aircraft company and get three engines for the price of two?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

thedarkmaster

It's the weekend so should have another on soon, this one looks like being Royal Navy  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

thedarkmaster

International Combustion, Marine Div. Penguin Flying Submarine, call sign V...for Victory, HMS Churchill 1990

Very little is known of the Penguin flying submarine as the records were destroyed during the 91 disaster and the loss of the HMS Churchill in combat during the conflict make it hard for the historian to say with any authority how the craft performed in service.

It is known that the idea behind the craft was for a more stealthy means of attacking enemy shore installations and of landing and extracting commanos/sbs and suchlike. However it cannot with any certainty be said this mission was ever conducted by the Penguin or wether the craft was fully operational during the conflict.

No penguin survived the conflict and it is belived with high certanty that none have been manufactured since then.

A/c 180

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Gondor

Maybe Manta Ray would have been a better name than Penguin by the look of the view from beneath.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Cobra

Cool,the Flying Sub in RN Markings :thumbsup: Darkmaster, You've Helped answer a Question I've wondered about for a Long Time,Thank You :cheers: Dan

philp

Nice, I was thinking of doing mine in VF-84 markings (maybe for this years Pirate GB, ARRR).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Luis Almeida

Taiidantomcat

brilliant, simply brilliant  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on January 16, 2011, 07:40:08 AM
Maybe Manta Ray would have been a better name than Penguin by the look of the view from beneath.

Gondor

Yup but calling it Penguin could well confuse its potential opposition  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

thedarkmaster

Manta ray sounds very American, Penguin has more of a British ring to it  ;D ;D ;D

James

Love the Tesco 727.  :thumbsup:

Do they operate a finest range as well?  ;D

thedarkmaster

I do have a Sainsbury be good to yourself airline planned... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: