THE EMPIRES TWILIGHT

Started by thedarkmaster, August 23, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

Pariacaca Mk3 fuerza aƩrea de la Argentina, 1979

the first foray of Argentina into the maritime recon role, the Pariacaca ( An Inca God of water ) was a pedestrian affair with two piston engines , and a trail dragging undercart. She had a crew of 6 and only in the mk3 version was a radar added to the airframe.

Operated over the South Atlantic in the maritime recce role, search and rescue and transport role for over 20 years until she was taken out of service in 1980 so missing the falklands war and it's chance of glory

A/C 182

any guess on what she was originally ?
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Gondor

I don't really know the names of Japanese aircraft so my guess is probably wrong but I will suggest that its a Betty?

You also build kits at a prodigious rate which I wish I could do as it would quieten most of my relatives who complain at yet another kit being bought for the stash.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weaver

Wow - just catching up again.... :rolleyes:

All excellent stuff  - I like the cammo on the F-15 and I like the dioramas in particular. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

thedarkmaster

Well mrs Darkmaster has been ill with Swine flu on top of the pregnancy  so i've not been on the board for a while, all my free time has been after " bedtime" for the "Boy" and the "Pink Princess" so this week i have managed aginst the odds to finish 3 kits from the pile of part started things i have in the stash !!

Photos to follow and apologies to a couple of people for not getting things to them but i just havent had time during the day, Hospital, work, kids to and from school etc has got in the way but as she is on the mend should be back on track soon

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

pyro-manic

Yikes, best wishes to all concerned.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Kerrillc

My best wishes for a speedy recovery to all concerned.

Regards

Kerrill
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

NARSES2

Glad the Mr's is on the mend  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sideshowbob9

Yikes indeed! Hope she is feeling better.

thedarkmaster

Haven't had time to finalise the backstory on this with Mrs Darkmaster being ill will edit it later

Hawker Hunter F6, Royal New Zealand Air Force, Singapore 1966

the old New Zealand roundel would be so hard to spot from a distance !!

ac/ 183

thedarkmaster

Another from this week, back story to edit in later.

Hawker Hunter F1, Experimental Air superiority scheme RAF Cosford 1957

a/c 184

thedarkmaster

Third and final one today, of the group done whilst Mrs Darkmaster was ill, backstory to edit in later..

Hawker Sea Hawk FB5, HMNzS Venerable, operation Muskateer II, 1956

a/c 185........only 15 to the 200  ;D ;D ;D ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Like the Kiwi Hunter. :thumbsup:  Sorry to hear about the Missus, hope she picks up soon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.