THE EMPIRES TWILIGHT

Started by thedarkmaster, August 23, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

it's an older half finished model from the loft, seemed a shame to block the poor pilots view  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

thedarkmaster

Royal Navy Corsair FR4, ships flight. HMS Duke of York. Spotting for the gun line Suez 1956

just a little something to replace all those old Walrus Biplanes on the surviving capitol ships post war.

a/c 208

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, that single float Corsair is the BUSINESS!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scooterman

Floatie 'sair for the WIN!  :thumbsup:

Weaver

Cripes, he's been back five mintues and ALREADY this thread is getting away from me!  :blink: ;)

Nice to have you back Tim, especially with things looking up too. :thumbsup:

These are all great - the tatty Privateer and the Valiant stand out for me.... :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

thedarkmaster

força aérea portuguesa, ônibus locomotivo de Lisboa trabalha, Lightning Maritime recce aircraft, operating under British control during Operation Muskateer 1956/58

Portudal brought 30 or so at the wars end and modifyed them into maritime patrol and recce, almost a new bird inside, they flew from the Azores and bits of the Portugese empire. When Portugal joined operation Mukateer 8 of them flew under British command from Cyprus.

hoping you all like the distressed look of her, including the stripes ?

A/C 209

thedarkmaster

Her Majesty's Star Ship Britannia, Woomera Launch pad, Commonwealth of Australia 1976

and these from the press releas at the time

I've put this on the Sci fi board and also here for completeness, yes it is a little known fact that the New Commonwealth put men into space...............maybe one day more will come out of the ashes a Woomera...who knows  ;D ;D ;D ;D

thedarkmaster

força aérea portuguesa, Avro Vulcan B51, somewhere over Spain during the 91 disaster

Aquired from surpus RAF stocks the 12 Portugese Vulcans represented a large part of the countrys deterant to the hostility of the US backed Spain.

they operated feom the early 1980's and where still in service during the 91 disaster, none of the survived their baptism of fire over Spain but one is credited with the destruction of Cadiz

this is the Dragon 1/200 scale kit, rather nice i thought

oh yeah ignore the base it's the only one i could find for the Photos  ;D ;D ;D
a/c 211

James

Brilliant again mate. The Portugese builds are something special, while HMSS Britannia is epic.  :bow:

Mossie

Blimey, you work quicker than I can post!  All beauties, the Mecury 9 just had to have British roundels!!! :drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

Brilliant - I've wanted to do a Maritime Patrol He-177 for ages. :thumbsup:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

thedarkmaster

Airspeed Horsa C4,( loading for the assault on Port Said )Cyprus 1956

The last glider assault in history came about because of a change of plans and a shortage of helicopters! After the inclusion of Portugal at the 11th hour into operation Musketeer it was considered politicly expediant to include some Poetugese Marines in the Helibourne assault upon Port Said.

This however led to a shortage of aircraft for the Uk forces assigned to the operation, a situation that led to some late night planning and soul searching in the war planning rooms in London until some bright spark remembered a peice of paper going over his desk mentioning the last few gliders in storage and the request to dispose of them, a few ( !!!! ) frantic phone calls later and it was assertained that Yes they where still there, apparantly some fool in Whithall had never replied to the memo requesting disposal !!, and yed they where still serviceable, yes the attachment points for dakotas's were also still there, and finally yes if they sent the transports they could make them fly again.

So that is how the RAF flew 12 gliders right into the defences of Port Said, completly blindsiding the defenders whom where focused upon the very noisy and very evident helicopters as the came in after the navel bombardment.

A/C 212

deathjester

Brilliant work mate  :thumbsup: - but check your messages!  Been trying to talk to ya!

Pablo1965

Very nice all, and good work, I love specially the 25 pdr. It is my prefer support weapon. :thumbsup: