THE EMPIRES TWILIGHT

Started by thedarkmaster, August 23, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Great idea. They certainly look the business.  :thumbsup:

Devilfish

Quote from: thedarkmaster on November 07, 2011, 01:22:32 PM

Not such a Whif...

My dad was in Singapore on A/C replen back when this plane landed, on it's tour of SE Asia and Australia/NZ.   Everyone thought the NZAF had placed an order, lol

He has his own photo's of the plane, but this one was off the net...

sequoiaranger

Those "Palestinian" roundels look like something from an "Angry Birds" game!

"Angry Birds"--sounds like a good moniker for the Palistinian AF to me!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Tophe

It is nice to see Palestinian planes, thanks :thumbsup: The backstory is surprising, very what-if, to imagine Palestine on the Western side :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

4D

Love the Angels m8, but when are we going to see the third one, and where can I buy the "Captain Britain" box set?  ;D ;D

thedarkmaster

the third one....from the episode      the Sun never Sets will be around soon, i have been distracted by a Meteor....sorry :banghead: :banghead:.

the captain Britain box set is available  at all good outlets this Christmas  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

thedarkmaster

got two to put on photo taking permitting, both from the Suez war , but one of them will be the first aperance of the Queens German Legion as a fully fledged unit....new roundels and all  ;D ;D

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

thedarkmaster

Hawker Sea Hawk FG6, Queens German Legion, operating from bases in the Persian Gulf area during the later parts of the Suez War 1958

Meteor F4 RAuxAF, Aden 1956-58

note the white anti heat panels over the engines and delicate electronics and radios oh yes and the strut holding her up....forgot the weights didn't I  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

a/c 226 and 227

Taiidantomcat

That is a great Meteor!!  :o :o
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

NARSES2

Love the Meteor and reviving he KGL is a brilliant idea  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Kerrillc

I like both the Meteor and Seahawk especially the QGL Roundels, (they look the business! Are there are any low-viz versions? I assume that you made yours. They look great).
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

thedarkmaster

the roundels are a quick knock up on the PC and then printed out,  I have no plans to do a low viz version ( though it would be easy to do ) as you will notice the low viz fad hasn't caught on in the empires twilight universe....well actually i like full colour roundels  ;D ;D ;D ;D

if anyone wants some Queens German Legion roundels lrt me know and i will send you some  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ChrisF

Ive got a seahawk on my bench right now !

Is that the 1:72 trumpeter ?  ;D

Kerrillc

Do you think that the roundels would suit that Sparrowhawk that I put together for the Between the Lines? Would I have to change the paint scheme?
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<