THE EMPIRES TWILIGHT

Started by thedarkmaster, August 23, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Excellent work Tim! I particularly like the paint on the Vampire and it's reminded me of the answer to a question I was pondering too!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Dear God!  You actually built one of those Forces of Valour abortions?  Braver man than me...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Where on earth do you find the time?????
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

thedarkmaster

Martin Baker Kestrel F/PR3 ( MB5 ) RAuxAF, Summer camp at Singapore 1957

Vacform kit, not the best but hay what you gonna do  ;D ;D ;D ;D :banghead: :banghead:

A/C 234

Quote from: kitbasher on January 31, 2012, 12:34:44 PM
Where on earth do you find the time?????
;D ;D

it's this or the Kids   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, seriously i don't know mate it just sort of flows and their done

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

PR19_Kit

Cor, was that a vacform MB5 before you got at it? I didn't know anyone did one of those.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 31, 2012, 02:55:37 PM
Cor, was that a vacform MB5 before you got at it? I didn't know anyone did one of those.

Pegasus did a 1/72 MB5 as well. I have one in the stash.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on January 31, 2012, 03:10:25 PM
Pegasus did a 1/72 MB5 as well. I have one in the stash.

Gondor

Me too, and the Skybirds 86 masterpiece, even if it does make me cross-eyed to look at it!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

MilitaryAircraft101

Well done darkmaster! Awesome stuff, always wished the MB.5 had come into service  ;D

The Wooksta!

Falcon do/did a vacform MB5 in both 72nd and 48th.  I've the remains of the former and it's very nice.  IIRC, Airframe also did a 72nd vac.  I'm sure I've seen one or photos at least.  It was pretty crude.

Apart from both Pegasus and Skybirds 86, there are no injection 72nd kits.  Silver Cloud did one in 48th.  Magna and Planet currently do one in resin, the former being very nice.  There was also a French resin one, but it appeared to be a copy of the Pegasus kit and I've also seen a CMR one.  It's possible that Pegasus copied the CMR one. 

Finally, Final Touch also released a resin MB5 that was a copy of the Skybirds kit.  Apart from the cockpit needing grouting out, it's a beautiful little kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

tc2324

A very cool subject matter. Nice to see it as a PR version as well. :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

NARSES2

Always liked the MB5  :thumbsup: Altough was suprised how big it was when I built my Planet one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tc2324 on February 01, 2012, 05:41:25 AM
A very cool subject matter. Nice to see it as a PR version as well. :thumbsup:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......  ;D

Regards
Kit

thedarkmaster

Supermarine Swift F7, East of Suez 1961

a/c 235
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

PR19_Kit

OVER-wing Red Tops? Now there's a neat idea!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Regards
Kit