THE EMPIRES TWILIGHT

Started by thedarkmaster, August 23, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

I like the Bobby and the Wren.  I was looking for the blue touch paper but couldn't see it.   ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Taiidantomcat

Wonderful work!!  :thumbsup: That base is perfect  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sideshowbob9

thedarkmaster

QuoteThat base is perfect

thanks , it's actually our christmas cake base witha few downloaded concrete sheets on it  :wacko: :wacko:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

PR19_Kit

Quote from: thedarkmaster on December 28, 2010, 10:29:09 AM
thanks , it's actually our christmas cake base witha few downloaded concrete sheets on it  :wacko: :wacko:

Hehehe, was that taken after or before you used it for the cake? Perhaps firing the missile was part of the Chrimbo tea-time celebrations........?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Great use of the vehicles to give impression of scale
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thedarkmaster

Something a little japanease next  ;D ;D

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 28, 2010, 05:13:52 PM
Quote from: thedarkmaster on December 28, 2010, 10:29:09 AM

Hehehe, was that taken after or before you used it for the cake? Perhaps firing the missile was part of the Chrimbo tea-time celebrations........?  ;)

It's the only material in the world that could withstand the rocket exhaust/direct nuclear attack/whatever*
I wonder if the could use six month old crimbo cake as armour??

* delete as appropriate...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

thedarkmaster

Bristol Brittania and F4J Phantoms of the Japanease Expeditionary Air Forces, RAF Cosford's Anglo Japanease treaty celebrations 1972

Another great diplomatic coup had the United kingdom signing a new Anglo Japanease treaty of mutual defence and military cooperation on January 20Th 1972 ( the anniversary of the first alliance of 1902 ) putting an Expeditionary force under UK administration and control until the year 2000. Effectively making Japan a member of the New Commonwealth.

To make the UK more aware of their new Alliesa Full squadron of F4j's were flown to Britain and displayed at various airbases throught the summer months in celebration of the new alliance, over the next few years a limited amount of Japanease forces were seen with British troops in such war zones as Indonesia and Israel and hot points like the Canadian/US border and Inner German Border, leading to eventual combat over Israel and Angola with a full comitment during the 91 disaster.

It is seen to the credit of Japan that it was a major source of supplies and help to the UK after the 91 disaster and that the alliance was renewed again in 2000 without ant alterations and that the Japanease empire is a staunch supporter of the Anglo Empire today.

the Brittania is a 1/144 dicast from Corgi, originally in an ElAl scheme and the F4J's are ready made Airfix 1/144 kits, vehicles as usual are Oxford dicast and people are Railway rip offs from China.........i have a 1/72 scale airshow base planed, a much more ambitious one with carpark and a burger van  ;D ;D ;D

chrisonord

WOW........... :o :o
Very nice Tim, I like the Britannia, is there a 1/72nd scale kit of one of these do you know?? would make a great addition to the Honduras Navy.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

lancer

Awsome dio Tim, and a fantastic addition to the Empires Twilight world.  What would be more natural than an alliance between to great island nations like the UK and Japan?  The funny thing is that I mapped out a whole Anglo-Japanese alliance scenario a few years ago, but I lost the notes and it sadly never progressed. I'll have to try and find them again as they can't be too far lost.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Ed S

Fantastic.  You keep getting better and better with this series.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.