THE EMPIRES TWILIGHT

Started by thedarkmaster, August 23, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Mossie

Gotta love a Speedbird Il-96! :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Absolutely love the BOAC IL96!!! Got to be your best civvie bird ever!!!

One question though TIm, What colour did you use for the engines? Could you let me know please?  Thanks
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

thedarkmaster

QuoteWhat colour did you use for the engines? Could you let me know please?

its a mixture mate 3 parts Revell ultrmarine blue to 2 parts Tamiya Nato black, i tried various mixtures till i found the one i thought matched a boac colour photo
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

lancer

Quote from: thedarkmaster on March 28, 2011, 11:07:12 AM

QuoteWhat colour did you use for the engines? Could you let me know please?

its a mixture mate 3 parts Revell ultrmarine blue to 2 parts Tamiya Nato black, i tried various mixtures till i found the one i thought matched a boac colour photo

Many thanks Tim...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

thedarkmaster

well i had a two arcraft update to put on but the the system has lost it...... i don't have the heart to re do it tonight  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

really anoyed with this " unable to start new process * thing  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

McColm

pyro-manic

Yeah, it's a pain. You just have to wait, unfortunately. If you get it while submitting a new post, though, just click "back" on your browser, and you'll go back to the previous page, which should be the "create new" or "reply" page. You can then re-submit it (just wait 5 minutes or so).
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

thedarkmaster

Hawker Hunter, RAF and Canadair Sabre RauxAF, Egypt 1957

Following the successful seizing of the Suez canal by the Anglo Commonwealth forces in Operation Musketeer one and two the majority of the Egyption armed forces ( 90%+ ) and population either surrendered to the invaders or made peace with the newly restored pro Monarchy government.

Part of the Commonwealth build up included extra Bomber and fighter squadrons some of which were from the newly expanded Royal Auxiliary Air Force using some of the Sabres recently retired from front line service.

Initially using aircraft drawn from Cyprus and Germany they operated for around 3 months with the standard temporate over Photo recce blue scheme until this was replaced by a more fitting desert scheme but still retaining the Suez stripes on the wings, and on some aircraft the fuselage, so that accidents within the Franco Commonwealth forces could be kept yo a minimum.

the aircraft operated in this scheme until the end of the Egyption campaign in 1959 and the aircraft assigned to Canal defence after then wore the same scheme minus the Suez stripes until well into the 1960's

A/C 196, 197

pyro-manic

Awesome! If only the Khormaskar wing had switched over to that colour scheme. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

McColm

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

4D

Just looked though this thread for the first time. Obviously the thread started back in the 80's for one man to have made all these models. WHAT... the thread starts August 23rd 2008! :o You've gotta be kidding. Oh you have an army of elves building them for you, or at least pink princesses.  :lol:

Very nice Tim. I especially like the rockets (the large V2 is excellent), but you know I have a space bent  :dalek:. I just need to go back and read some of the back story now.

Thanks for two hours of my life I won't get back.  ;) I'll be back for more...

Neil

PR19_Kit

Quote from: 4D on April 05, 2011, 01:14:41 PM
Oh you have an army of elves building them for you, or at least pink princesses.  :lol:

That's WHY he has the Pink Princesses, there's no way mere mortals can build models that fast!  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

James

Really is one hell of an achievement to have built close to 200 models in the time taken.
Hats off to you Tim.