Started by thedarkmaster, August 23, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

A great story,  :thumbsup:

Really love those `code 3` diecast Whirlwinds as well.  :bow:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

thedarkmaster

Hunter FG16 of the RAF Singapore strike wing, operating over chile during the Later part of the Falklands War, 1983

The FG16 has the Supersonic wing and the Blue fox interception radar and she is wired foe infa red and semi sctive versions of the firestreak missile.

The singapore strike wing operated over Chile during the Falklands war, covering the ground troops of the Combined commonwealth Corps during the ground phase of the conflict, and as well as the Hunter operated Lightning's , Eagle's, Buccaneers and New Zealand Vulcans.

The Falklands ewas the swan song for the hunter as a combat aircraft in RAF service and she flew her last sortie during the war though she did carry on as a Fighter trainer and in verious other roles into and after the 91 disaster.

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Project D

Wow nice model and great background!

RussC

That blue-stained wood practically becomes a sea backdrop at macro photo ! Great model too !
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

thedarkmaster

B.A.C. Eagle GR4, Singapore Strike Wing, operating from Chile during the Falklands war 1983

A/c 217

The Singapore strike wing was the command unit that oversaw the deployment of  RAF and other Commonwealth aircraft into Chile during the Falklands war to give direct air support to the Commonwealth ground Corps operating alongside the Chilean armyin the invasion that toppled the Argentine regime and precipitated the long running civil war.

This example was deployed on pin point attacks upon the Argentine railways, in particular bridges and other choke points such as gorges and tunnels. Also operating with land attack versions of the Blue water missiles the eagle was largely responsible for the paralysis and destruction of the remains of Argentine airpower before the invasion.

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Project D

Great tsr2 and an amazing collection! just inspired me to give my tsr2ms another look at being built soon  :thumbsup:

thedarkmaster

Royal Jordanian Air Force Meteor Mk4lf, Amman air base 1956

A/c 218

thedarkmaster

Mig 17, Lebanese Air Force, 1958 during confrontation with Israel

a/c 219

NARSES2

Some nice additions there  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

I've got one of those on my shelf, same colours, same decals. Plastic kit-1/72, used to be a tail-sitter. I added a piece of clear plastic spruce under the tail.
Small world, great model!!

thedarkmaster

Concorde, in Portugallia livery, Portugal/Brazil Route 1991

a/c 220

tc2324

Not really into civvies as such but it`s a good look for that Concorde. :thumbsup:

Of course the Meteor and MiG are very, very cool...  :wub:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

thedarkmaster

The finger is on the Trigger, about to unleash a force with terrible powers beyond the comprehension of man.  This force we shall know as the Republican's.  This man will be our hero, for fate will make him indestructible.  His name, Captain Britain.  This is the trigger: a High Altitude Exploration Vehicle, inside, three men from the New Commonwealth "

Voice over by Ed Bishop (Captain Canada) for the first episode "The republic ".

And thus, with this introduction, begin the adventures of Captain Britain , number one agent of the commonwealth Guardians. He will live on in 32 television episodes, as well as in comic strips, novels, fan fictions, books of different kinds, magazines, games, toys, and so on. The series has been repeatedly adapted to video and DVD (and also on laser discs) bringing back its hero to his numerous fans... and presenting him to yet another generation. For the story of " Captain Britain and the Commonwealth Guardians" has still today kept its appeal by the same originality that enthralled viewers of the past.

Set in 2068, the series follows the continuing battle of the Commonwealth Guardians against the republicans, who have launched a War of Nerves against the new commonwealth, the series follows the Guardians in their never ending fight against the evils of Republicanism and it's constant threat to the Commonwealth.

Episodes include , Renegade rocket where a Black Prince rocket from Woomera is targeted upon London, Fire at rig 15 where the north Sea oil supply is almost destroyed in nuclear fire, and the classic Time warp where 3 of the famous Commonwealth interceptors are thrown back in time and help the forming New commonwealth fight off American attacks during the Suez war.

Episode 33. Time Warp,  Commonwealth Interceptor, aboard HMS Eagle 1957, Suez War

a little insight into the TV broadcast by the New Commonwealth during 1968  ;D ;D ;D ;D

a/c 221

Kerrillc

Oh that is downright delightful, but I am curious, didn't an American broadcast group come up with an American set of heroes?
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!