THE EMPIRES TWILIGHT

Started by thedarkmaster, August 23, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thedarkmaster

Gloster Meteor NF22, RAuxAF, Hannover 1960
carrying Fairey Red Dean missile

a/c 238
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

That looks a pretty meaty device, a mix of Matchbox Meteor NF11 and 14 parts?  :thumbsup:

Oh no, I just realised what I wrote, the 'meaty' really WASN'T intended, sorry.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

thedarkmaster

French Air Force F4k Phantom, one of 4 such aircraft presented to France by the UK for Disimilar training , 1984

a/c 239

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 20, 2012, 02:42:27 PM

Oh no, I just realised what I wrote, the 'meaty' really WASN'T intended, sorry.  :banghead:

Aye right! as we would say up here!  :rolleyes:

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

McColm

tc2324

That F-4 is outstanding. :thumbsup:

Never even considered that scheme for a whif..., or seen one before now. :bow:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

thedarkmaster

hope to see you there  ;D ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  https://www.facebook.com/theempirestwilight

Go4fun

I know you lot will be throwing unuseable model parts at me for asking this, but...
While I realize blue steel is a nuclear weapon I hope this is just one of several on a rotaty launcher. Sending a high maintenence plane out to launch one Cruise Missle is rather wasteful, isn' it? So is it a One Shot Wonder?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Gondor

Quote from: Go4fun on May 05, 2012, 07:29:12 PM
I know you lot will be throwing unuseable model parts at me for asking this, but...
While I realize blue steel is a nuclear weapon I hope this is just one of several on a rotaty launcher. Sending a high maintenence plane out to launch one Cruise Missle is rather wasteful, isn' it? So is it a One Shot Wonder?

Its BIG and heavy for a start, you should be able to find out how big and heavy on the web, design at the time didn't think in terms of rotary launchers for anything even the humble 3" rocket wasn't packed into tubes or fitted to a rotary launcher so there was no president to fit anything that way.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

The Blue Steel was SO big, about the size of a Hunter (or an F-84 in American) that the UK didn't have any bombers with a large enough bomb bay to house more than one anyway. And even the Vulcan and Victor has to carry their Steels semi recessed in the bomb bay.

In the US the equivalent weapon, the AGM-28 Hound Dog, was carried under the wing roots of B-52s for the same reason, it was too big to carry in the bomb bay. Rotary launchers have only become practical once their loads became smaller and smaller due to advances in technology. In the UK that never happened to air launched 'strategic' missiles as the deterrent role was taken over by the Royal Navy's missile carrying submarines.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Go4fun

Got it. Thank you for your replies. So the Concorde bomber was meant to deliver one devastating nuclear punch at long range then.
Now what can I build out of these random bits? :-\
"Just which planet are you from again"?

deathjester

As promised, here is a build for the Empires Twilight!

Presenting a Lockheed EC-121P Constellation Maritime Patrol Aircraft of VA-113, on patrol somewhere in the Atlantic...

Armed with light weight homing torpedoes in the weapons bay, and four AGM-12 Bullpup missiles under the wings, these long range patrol aircraft are a real headache for naval commanders.

McColm

Clouds are like cotton wool until you fly through them, it can get very dark inside them.