Kits you wished you would have purchased:

Started by Daryl J., August 30, 2008, 01:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

Irrespective of price, lifestyle, or shoe size, which kit did you never buy that you wished you would have now that time has passed on?

For me:
1/72 Monogram P-6E.

Daryl J.

Spey_Phantom

a 1/72 Seaking AEW-2, to convert into a decent Mk.48  :banghead:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Daryl J. on August 30, 2008, 01:18:59 PM
Irrespective of price, lifestyle, or shoe size, which kit did you never buy that you wished you would have now that time has passed on?

For me:
1/72 Monogram P-6E.

Daryl J.

Hey Daryl,
  Sprue Bros. has a re-pop of the Monogram P-6E and as a bonus, you get a P-12E too!

1:72 Accurate Miniatures F4B-4 and P-6E EZ Build #1021

Better hurry, there's only 11 left!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

sequoiaranger

>For me:
1/72 Monogram P-6E.<

I had one for twenty+ years in my stash and just two months ago sold it for a pittance ($3) at a swap meet. ;-(
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

AeroplaneDriver

I got an old P-6E on ebay a few months ago because I have fond memories of it from when I was a kid.  Not long after we moved to the US when I was 10 we had a school project to do where we made something by following written instructions.  My project was a Monogram P-6E.

Back to the question at hand, about 15 years ago a local closeout store had about 15 each of Esci's F-5A and F.27.  The F-5 was $2 and the Fokker was $3.  I got one of each, but in retrospect wish I had bought all of the F.27s.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Brian da Basher

I forgot to mention that Olimp has a P-6 kit too. It's a nice kit (got one in the stash) but for the money, I'll take the Accurate Minatures re-pop with the additional P-12.

Brian da Basher

B777LR

The LHS had a Trumpeter Tu-16 Badger kit laying on the shelf for a couple of years. When i finally decided to go buy it, it was gone :banghead:

Almost went the same way for the Revell A-380. Another modeler pulled it out of the shelf, looked at it, and then put it back *sigh*

sotoolslinger

Original issue Tie Fighter  in the same scale as the X -Wing  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I have never even seen one except in pics
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

philp

The FineMolds kits for the Millennium Falcon and Y-Wing are 2 that I didn't pick up at the Nats last year (course, the MF due to price).

Some older kits that I would like to get (or get again):
Any of the Mechwarrior/Robotech 1/72nd Battle Mechs (especially Marauder, Rifleman and Warhammer)
Some of the Monogram Tom Daniel's cars (Dragon Wagon, Rommel's Rod & Tijuana Taxi)
Revell 1/72nd F-101
Matchbox 1/72nd SkyKnight
Aurora 1/72nd Tucumcari

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Daryl J.

Philip..thank-you!   It was Aurora that made the Tucumcari Hydrofoil.   Both my cousin and I built it in the 1970's and enjoyed retracting the foils over and over and over....    But since then had lost all track of the kit type. I'd often wondered who made it, but by the time I could search eBay or the like, had forgotten about searching and did other things instead.   

Rommel's Rod was a car and therefore undesirable at the time so my lawn mowing money went to some air machine instead.   Ahh...the hindsight.......

Daryl J.

jcf

One note about the Tucumcari, the kit is 1/84th scale rather than 1/72nd.
The kit is pretty nice and basically accurate, the aft deck armament is the combined .50 HMG and 40mm grenade launcher mount,
the later Emerson twin-20mm turret would have been more interesting.

Moebius Models is working with Tom Daniel on a re-do of Rommel's Rod.

http://moebiusmodels.com/tom_daniel.php

Jon

Weaver

Ever since I did my Thunderdragon profiles, I've been remembering standing in a big toy shop that used to be in Stockport, fondling a kit of an XF-91, and eventually deciding I couldn't afford it....  :banghead:

Can't really recall who did the kit, but Lindberg seems to ring a bell......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

Weaver,
The XF-91 was by Lindbergh.  They have just recently rereleased their XF-88 so very possible they will redo the -91 (price of their kits is around $15).

Jon,
Have seen the notice from Moebius.  Have sent them an email stating I want the 24th scale version.  They are planning to update the kit with full rear track (hopefully not the eat the plastic stuff in their Chariot).  Course, just on their idea list it seems as they didn't even have a test sample at Wonderfest.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sequoiaranger

They had some real nice ones of several ships in a big box---nice art work, etc

This was back in the mid-late fifties.

Can we all pitch in for a communal time machine???
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Sisko

Polar Lights C-57D cruiser from Forbiddon planet.

Saw one for 100 bucks 2 years ago and thought man that is to much. :banghead:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!