J5F-1 'Bronco'

Started by Glenn, December 25, 2003, 06:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

QuoteCould you explain this JSJ, Evan ? I have never heard of a JS family in the US Navy. And that cannot be a mistyping for J5J, as there was no J4J, as far as I know - but what if...
I would vote for XJJ if that came from North-American...
If that bird came from Edo, it would be XJ2E (like the quite famous OSE, parallel to Vought XOS2U Kingfisher), no ? E is more often for Bellanca, Piper, Hiller, Platt-Read, Cessna, but not only. As there has been the Bellanca JE Pacemaker of 1929, this Edo Bronco would be the J2E.
Only Glenn-Lyn could decide, I think, having access to the very source (or dream...).
Well, no matter the name and classification, this was a beautiful bird... :wub:
I was being somewhat flippant as it was late at night.  The "S" for scout would make a certain sense.  The first "J" would indicate a "utility" role and probably isn't that appropriate here.  Most likely it would be FSJ-1 or something like that.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Glenn

Look, I picked the letters J5F-1, after a lot of thought. The 'J', for North American,
the '5', 'cause it seemed right, 'F' for Fighter, and '1', which would make it a Navy'F 51'. As for the name,'Bronco', this took ages to decide, as I was looking for a word in Ancient Greek, for 'water horse', but that's a Hippo, and it wasn't that ugly.
Tophe, the company 'Edo' made floats, as used by the C-47C, and F4F-3S and I thought that they would have made the floats for this project.
                                                                       Lyn

Tophe

Thanks a lot for the explanations, dear Lyn...  :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]