Started by sotoolslinger, September 01, 2008, 11:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

I agree! That red is HOT!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Weaver

Ooooh  the red is NICE  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Define it and set it off with some big black stripes/borders and white or yellow markings....

Y'know, I have so many Me.262 engine pods knocking about spare now that I may have to do a 1/72nd scale version of this.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sisko

Quote from: Sisko on September 11, 2008, 03:12:31 PM

Man the more I see the more I like.

It really has that brutal look about it :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the paint on this.

The wait was worth it!!!!!!

looks great!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

sotoolslinger

Thanks all ya'll  ;D I had been planning a red paint job for a while and just chose this primer as the appropriate base but it looks so cool I will use it as a color. It will have blacks and dark reds also as well as many decals :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

AeroplaneDriver

Lovin the colour and the wing guns!!

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

sotoolslinger

Thanks AD. I'm getting ready for the big DFW Supercon tomorrow so I probably won't get much done this weekend. But I'll be back on these next week. ;D
I amuse me.

Bryan H.

Serious & sincere question for STS... 

Have you ever thought of doing scale modeling for the film industry?  Your Sci-fi models are really original & creative - I could definitely see some of your models in 'Alien' or 'Star Wars' or 'Total Recall' etc.

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

sotoolslinger

There is in fact nothing I would like better. Ever since I was a kid I have wanted to do that.I have actually tried before. I used to work foe one of the largest haunted houses in Texas and have done film quality special make up effects and costuming and have showed my models to folks in the film industry.
Unfortunately it is a lot like being an actor . There are several million competitors out there looking for the same job and unless someone famous "discovers" you your are out of luck :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Also just about everyone uses computer graphics nowdays :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Most sci fi films don't have physical models in them anymore.
I was sort of hoping someone would see my stuff on this website and give me a job ;D
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Back to work(not really) I am going to finish this and the Diamondback before starting a new project(yeah right)
I effin hate sanding compound curves :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

More mockup  :o I have to do something with those shoulder wing stubs :wacko:

Also have to close the gaps where the air handlers went
I amuse me.

Macal

Hi There!

Nice build Bro! I love this kind of spaceships :) Why red?
Other: I'm said too about the film industry :( I liked those oldschool films wich ones had models in...Like the first triology of star wars...
I'm thinking about making a short pixilation about making my truck:) Once, I've finished the model, I'll try to make that :)
Btw:
Keep it Up!
Love this model :)

Arc3371

Wow, great build looks like something from the WH40K universe

sotoolslinger

Thanks ya'll ;D :wub: I have been a sci fi fan from as far back as I can remember. I love it all :wub: One of my childhood friends is this book(and all the others)

And this is one of my favorite illustrations

Sorry about the crappy pic :blink:
I amuse me.

Arc3371

Those books got me hooked on Sci-fi, especially the Mutant Tiger camo

sotoolslinger

Brother Macal ;D :wub: Another reason for the red is it is just scary  :wacko: The perfect camo for a (primitive) space fighter would be black :blink:
I assume that most spacecraft would be painted for maximum visual impact on first sight :lol:
I amuse me.