Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Yeah, back when I was 'a boy', they used a single engine version of a Lockheed XF-90, so a F-87 probably would be a good way to go....Thanks for the idea!
Today I'm back with the Tiger model, this time with the turret assembled. (less the turret top, which hasn't arrived yet!) At present, the body top, sides and front....drivers view plate and m/g housing have been assembled. The model is based on the one from Bovington Tank Museum, but I'll finish her either Battle of the Bulge or Russian Front.

Glenn

Stargazer

Oh, of course!! An F-90, not a B-51!! How could I get this wrong??  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Glenn

Hey mate, don't beat yourself up about it.....What colour scheme do you think it would look good in?
Today, a Royal Navy fighter, the Hawker Huntress on patrol somewhere in the West Indies. Built as a private venture, after the success of the Hunter, the Huntress was put into service in 1953 and survived until 1957.
At present, the last one is being restored for display at the FAA museum.

Glenn

Converted Hawker Hunter...Airfix.

NARSES2

Oh  :o The true spirit of Diana the Huntress, absolutely gorgeous  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Yeah, she is kinda cute isn't she? Today something powerful in the shape of a Frigate!
Born in late 1944, and in production for 'Tiger Force', the Fairey Frigate Bird never saw any action during WW2. It's first was was Korea aboard HMS Victorious and later on in Malaysia and finally 'Suez' in 1956.
Seen here over some old Egyptian rocks.
Fairey Fulmar with Hawker Sea Fury engine attached plus strengthening around the tail.

Glenn

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Another one for the Pantheon (see I'm keeping the theme going  ;D). Nice progression with the Frigate Glenn  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

The date : June 6th 1944
The place : Over Englands South East
Mission : To destroy as much German shipping and shore defenses as possible.

This Beaufighter, a TFX heads off toward the French coast, to do just that. Photo taken from his right wing man, this RAAF squadron is off to make history.

Glenn

Model : 1/48 Falcon vac-form model.

Glenn

Second view of 'The Huntress'

Glenn

NARSES2

Love it...preaty little thing. Really looks like something Hawkers (and Camm) would come up with  :wub:

Glenn

Another shot of the Frigate, with the same rocks.

Glenn

Weaver

I love the Frigate - it shouldn't work with the wide engine on the narrow airframe, but somehow, it does.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Stargazer

Quote from: Weaver on August 24, 2011, 07:42:07 PM
I love the Frigate - it shouldn't work with the wide engine on the narrow airframe, but somehow, it does.  :thumbsup:

Remember the Blackburn Skua??  ;)

Glenn

Last shot of the TFX until I put undercart on her.

Glenn