Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

We'll wait and see... Difficult to guess now what it will be.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Remember the 1/24sc Veron balsa model of the Hurricane I was building............?

well, it's not a Hurricane any more!
Glenn

Tophe

With the cockpit so ahead, there is not much room for a big engine, so I'd guess it is no more a Fighter. But still single-seater? I'm puzzled...

Glenn

Back with the Sikorsky S. 38 flyingboat, now with its upper wing started.

Glenn

Sc. 1/48

Tophe

Oh, I thought it was a marine Airspeed AS.31, you know: wing forward, fuselage pod rearward within the tailplanes...
http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/AIRSPEED%20AS31%20PAGE.htm
That "different" Sikorsky would be very what-if...

Glenn

No Tophe, I just placed the wing there, to photograph everything on the page.
Glenn

NARSES2

Love watching your stuff come together Glenn
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Hey Tophe, remember the photo of the Ju-52/3M and I said that I'd modified the port side......?
Well, here it is! With this shot, I hadn't started the starboard side, but at present, it is half done.

Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on January 14, 2012, 06:32:31 PM
I've had this Ju-52 3m for a while now, and thought it was time to butcher it......as it's only Heller! I've started the new model, but the next time you see it, the starboard fuselage half should be constructed.
Glenn
Your promesses are fulfilled, thanks and congratulations. Are you making it a Ju-52 eggplane or a Ju-52 flying boat? Both ideas sound pleasant for me... ;D

Glenn

This is a 1/32 NewRay pre-assembled model of a White half track. All you really have to do is to screw it together. It is accurate, up to a point, but is ideal for what I want it for.

Glenn

Glenn

Yeah, I know... another 'Chaffee'! I must have more M-24's than what are in museums around the world, and am running out of reasons to buy them! Then again, I could make a 'Twin 40'......but can't buy the 1/32 Renwall model!
Anyhow, the last for a while........

Glenn

Glenn

This is the Piaggio P.166 construction finished, (less props) awaiting paint and decals. At present, it's shelved as I don't know what to finish her off as?

As the PX is on in May, I'll look for decals there.
Glenn

Tophe

Beautiful model.
You could invent a livery: Glenn Airways or Royal Glennian Air Force, no? ;D

Glenn

This is Commando Cody's rocket ship from 'Radar men from the Moon', a serial from the early 1950's.
It's around 1/48 and am doing her as the full size 'mock-up' rather than the model..(which is different!)

Glenn

The next shot will show her painted and finished