Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Last year, I happened to buy a water bottle filter from the local supermarket. It was from a company called 'Boodle' and when I saw it, could tell what I'd do with it! The photo shows bits and pieces I've started putting together to make a Jedi Fighter, (post 'Return of the Jedi') but, I repeat...but only to use parts bought from a supermarket of chemist. The basic design will be done in fiberglass, but everything atop it will be odds and sods.

Glenn

scale : 1/16

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on May 25, 2012, 08:32:06 PM
a water bottle filter from the local supermarket
to make a Jedi Fighter
Incredible! Nice! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Back with the Tiger now with her turret top. A guy I see at the newsagent sold me his part #2 without seeing it needed the plastic 'bits' to go with it. Those being, the gunners hatch, the air vent and the periscope. I didn't tell him....scratch built them from part 3 instructions and the web. At present, the turret is finished, slightly aged and lightly weathered.

Glenn

Glenn

Yeah, I know....I'm not much into cars, unless it's movie/TV related.
"The A

Glenn

Glenn

I've had this model since buying it at Gorreys in the 1970's and never worked on it.....until now!

Glenn

Tophe

Wow! Please work on it, and show us! :thumbsup:

Glenn

It's amazing what you find in a supermarket! While shopping recently, saw this Go Kart, and on the spot realised what I was going to do to it. Once home, looked up Google and found that the model was 1/17.65 scale, (1/18) and set to work. It's almost finished, and only cost around the $5 mark.

Glenn

Glenn

Going through a box of kits a few weeks ago, and look what I found? I remember the kit, the last time I took it out, I borrowed the crew members, (as I needed them for something else) but this time.....I knew how to set it right!
Glenn

Tophe

What will you do from it? A single-seat fighter? :unsure: ;D

Glenn

Back with Samson, now with the intakes in place.
Glenn

Glenn

After the certain statement by  Churchill during WW2, "WE MAY LOOSE AUSTRALIA FOR A TIME", meaning Japan would take us, Australia decided to side with the US as an Ally rather than the UK. After WW2, Australia snubbed  'the old dart' and bought arms from 'the US of A' instead.

Yes, we bought Grumman F9F Panthers rather than British aircraft....yea!!
Glenn

Tophe

Australian engineering skills go further than just buying. Did the Aussies build a Twin-Panther F9F-11? ;D

Glenn

Thank you Tophe, for the idea!
Glenn

Glenn

This is the plan of my Jedi Fighter, post 'Return of the Jedi'!
The length is 17" (43cm) and the span is 15.75" (40cm) At the top of the plan, that's the front, and the oval shape at the bottom will be the cockpit and mount for the R2 unit.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff166/strathojet/not%20finished%20yet/olympus1Jedi2.jpg
The basic shape has been glassed, and the port engine has been mounted.
Glenn

Glenn