Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

We don't have Guy Fawks night here in OZ....too dangerous! We have Riverfire and special events where fireworks are 'let off', but to do it in our backyards is a 'no-no'!
We could cause bushfires, we could be responsible for destroying all our historical buildings........guick, give me a match!
Glenn

McColm

Glenn

This is the template of a spaceship from a magazine dated 1961. The magazine was 'The Eagle' and this is a ship flown by Dan Dare and Digby in one of their adventures. It is a two man ship (haven't worked out the scale as yet, once the canopy is attached...I'll know!) and at present, the lower section has been glassed and the top is being tweaked as we speak.
Glenn

NARSES2

Oh that takes me back - Dan Dare and Digby  ;D You have to build the Mekon's saucer now
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

I do have a painting of 'The Mekon' you'll see eventually. But for now....something completely different!

What better way to photograph a 1920's bomber than it Black and White......but this way you can't see it's true colour!
Glenn.

The colour shots I'm tweeking as we speak.

NARSES2

I've one of those in resin - everytime I look at the struts I come over all queesy
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 23, 2012, 07:20:12 AM
Oh that takes me back - Dan Dare and Digby  ;D You have to build the Mekon's saucer now

OOOH! Yes, please! As a former Eagle reader,I'd love to see   the Mekon  modelled on his saucer, and Col. Dare's "Anastasia" too .    I think  that Clave has an   illustration of  the latter in 1940's  RAF colours  elsewhere onthis site.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Isn't there an entire thread about 'Anastasia' somewhere here? Actually more than one, but very little actual information on the ship sad to say.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,33073.0/highlight,anastasia.html

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,22347.msg321432/highlight,anastasia.html#msg321432

Before my most recent hospital trip I found my own long lost 'Anastasia' file and I'll dig into it when I get home and see what gems it contains.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Stargazer

Love your Douglas XB-8! Can't wait to see it in glorious color!

Glenn

If any of you 'older guys' want to make an Anastasia, just let me know, and we'll build one! When I say 'older guys', I'm adding me, in that statement, as I'm 64..........where's my zimmer?
Glenn

Glenn

Remember that red ball I'd marked the segments on.......a while ago?.....well, this is the first segment!

Haven't worked out the scale as yet, when I make the airlock, I'll know. If you don't know what I'm building, ask Cobra...I think he'll know!
Glenn

Rheged

Didn't   Avro  Canada  once do  a saucery thingy this shape?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

PR19_Kit

Isn't that the nose pod from 'Discovery One' from the 2001 film? If so, that's going to be one BIG model!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn

Yeah Martin, spot on! As for Discovery, one of my projects is the EVA Pod in 1/12th scale and no, I'm not doing a Discovery model....maybe 'a bit of one' like the face of the opening front panel...just for photos! long time project!
Glenn