Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

The windows seem to be 1/69 still, not easy to recognize this flying boat yet... :-\ But this is interesting, go on :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

There are 1552 modellers on this site....and if you can't check on Google, I may as well not be here.
Glenn

Captain Canada

Love that Hall boat. Be cool to see it finished !

Wasn't the last Grumman boat the Albatross ? I've seen some civy ones that looked larger but thought they were just Albatross deriviatives.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Capt'n, think of the Albatross as a civilian flyingboat....looks like an Albatross, but is smaller.
Length 46'3"
Span    66'7"
Glenn

Tophe

I had checked the Goose and Widgeon but both exist in kits... so another one, probably.
EDIT: not the Mallard too...

Glenn

Thank you Tophe.....it will be a Mallard!
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on February 12, 2013, 06:32:45 PM
Now think of all the Grumman flyingboats that have been made into kits, but this one hasn't!
I mas misguided by Google, telling me there is a Mallard kit... :-\
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199088
Expensive and flying, this is not a desk-model, so you were right somehow, Glenn ;D

Glenn

Sorry Tophe, didn't think of R/C models, but everything is being made these days!
This will be my last model for a while, Matthew from Hobbyrama, (dodgymodeller) gave me this model to work on, as he was running out of time. This is a Battle of Britain class 4-6-2, Pacific built in the late 1950's.
He had ideas, but knew I was nuttier than he'll ever be.

Glenn

Captain Canada

Cool.....don't see many trains eh ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

This will be the story of Biggen Hill, WW1 ace who........no, that's Matthews' story to tell, not mine!
Glenn

NARSES2

Ah, I've always liked those Battle of Britain class loco's
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Is/was that the old Kitmaster/Airfix/Dapol kit? It looks slightly different somehow............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 16, 2013, 01:27:42 AM
Ah, I've always liked those Battle of Britain class loco's

Me too!

No 2 son has one of the Airfix/Dapol kits in his stash, and is contemplating finishing it in either Caledonian BLUE  or David MacBrayne  colours  as an improved Battle of Britain class loco named  "Banff Strike Wing".  If he does go for MacBrayne colours, I have suggested similar  liveried carriages.  His degree finals are in a few months time, so this project might be his "de-stressing*  exercise in  July.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Glenn

This is a Vultee Valiant in 1/48sc. At present, am working on the wings and intent finishing her as the said Valiant.
Sometime in the future I would like to open the envelope and rebuild her as a 'Val' or 'Kate' from TORA!TORA!

That's my plan, anyhow......
Glenn

Tophe