Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Ennis

Is that the same kit that Italiari marketed ? 

Glenn

Before Kawasaki were involved in the KI-61 'Hien' they also made Ki-187 dive bombers for the IJN. These were used in the joint raids in December 1941 when they attacked the island of Midway. Two carriers, unknown to the US were used in the bombing, this rare photo shows one of these bombers before the attack.

Model: Airfix 1/72 Ju 87B with retractable undercarriage.
Glenn

Tophe

Thanks for revealing this top-secret information! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

I built this last year as a 'cheap Kate' for a war movie. I lengthened the nose, and tail...new tail and tailplanes, a three bladed airscrew, and extended the wingtips. It still isn't right as the cockpit and canopy are too short. I think is would fool most of the viewing public as they wouldn't see the mistakes. Put meatballs on an F-84 and it must be Japanese....right?

Glenn

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Glenn on June 08, 2013, 07:17:15 PM

Before Kawasaki were involved in the KI-61 'Hien' they also made Ki-187 dive bombers for the IJN. These were used in the joint raids in December 1941 when they attacked the island of Midway. Two carriers, unknown to the US were used in the bombing, this rare photo shows one of these bombers before the attack.

Model: Airfix 1/72 Ju 87B with retractable undercarriage.
Glenn

Lovely! One Ju 87B was actually delivered to Japan before the war started for evaluation, but it got crashed through later bomb raids. Any pics from the new landing gear construction? I'd assume that it retracts backwards, P-40 style?

Glenn

yeah, I though P-40/Ju88 undercart would take up less room and make more sense.

More photos coming.
Glenn

Glenn

A few years ago, I started building Dr. Who space ships. The hardest ones are always from William Hartnell's years as very few photos of episodes exist. Built the Dalek saucer from 'Invasion of Earth' and then the ship from 'The Rescue', and then onto Pat Troughton. Recently finished the Pirate ship from 'Space Pirates', (1968) and have now started the saucer from Dominators. the plastic plate is 30cm (12") diameter but don't ask the scale....as I don't know how big it was.
Glenn

Weaver

Quote from: Glenn on June 07, 2013, 01:22:23 AM

You know my love of 'armour from movies' well, this is slightly different! This is one of three vehicles from one movie....I won't say 'what movie' as yet, but as the construction moves along see if 'the penny drops'!
Glenn

Live and Let Die?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Glenn

I bought this model a few years ago to build something else but then decided not to......anyhow, now thought on building something else......
This is a 'Midway' class carrier scaled at 1/560 (?) which will now be 1/600. My idea is that after WW2, the US  sold equipment to the UK (TO GET RID OF IT) at a cheaper price. This is one of three USN carriers that ended up as HMS carriers..
Glenn

Father Ennis

Say, Glenn, any chance you could post some photos of your Dr. Who ships ??????  I'd love to see them,as a big Dr. Who fan.

Glenn

Most of my early Dr. Who stuff ended up with Richard Briggs (president of the US Dr. Who fan club) I think his address was something like Richard @Richard Who.com......or something like that? Haven't been in touch for about 5 years or so.

Glenn

The pirate ship will be shot once I can work out a space shot....
Glenn

Father Ennis

Glenn

If ever a warbird was ever to be called, 'UGLY', the Bristol Beowulf would win the gold! Designed as a RN/FAA torpedo fighter bomber and built at the same time as the Fairey Barracuda. The pre-production models were sent on the raid against KMS Tirpitz to try them out.

What I'd like you to do is to work out what I used to make it?
Fuselage/wings/engine/tailplanes/canopy.......need I go on?
Glenn

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]