Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Do the canopy, tail plains and weapons "pods" came from a Revell FW 190 kit, no idea about the rest?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Glenn

Sauragnmon

Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Gondor

Is the rear of the fuselage part of a Hawker Tempest?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

martinbayer

The only thing I can make out would be the canopy, which seems to come from an AH-1G or AH-1J.

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

martinbayer

Quote from: Glenn on June 19, 2013, 12:39:27 AM
Most of my early Dr. Who stuff ended up with Richard Briggs (president of the US Dr. Who fan club) I think his address was something like Richard @Richard Who.com......or something like that? Haven't been in touch for about 5 years or so.

Glenn,

Richard has a website, and here is a link to the page with your models: http://www.richardwho.com/collections/collection125.asp

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Glenn

Prop and spinner, IL-2...the canopy is from a Bell cobra..if I remember. The only post WW2 aircraft used.
Glenn

Glenn

This is 'Effervescent', a marriage of the minds between Renault and Aerospatiale.

Built as an electric car for the near future using ideas already in production.
The  model is 1/32sc., and was built using a Honda Fairlady sports car chassis and a Alouette 11 cockpit and canopy,
and a bit of tweaking.

Glenn

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on June 24, 2013, 07:15:19 PM
This is 'Effervescent', a marriage of the minds between Renault and Aerospatiale.
I guess the French companies Renault and AĆ©rospatiale would have said "Effervescente", a feminine version of the same adjective, as "voiture" (car) is feminine in French language. But I am not sure ;) maybe the export version would have been different, like masculine for us.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Tophe, give it the 'female' name....as no 'man' in his right mind would drive something that poofy!
Glenn

Glenn

This is to show how easy it would have been to turn a T-6 into an SBD Dauntless, for a movie.
Glenn

Revell/Heller 1/72

Father Ennis

OK ......  Now, turn it into a Zero ...

Glenn

been done....I think the movie was "Tora, Tora, Tora"..........but, could be wrong!
Glenn