Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

They are nice mate - always find card models interesting and the variety available is mind boggling  :blink:

Wonder if the Laura Ashley one is now a collectable ?   ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

bodgybuilder

Hello Glenn
Looks good, I think the Metcalfe are the best of the card buildings.
You are not alone in not having a railway layout, but you never know and I too just like building stuff.
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

Glenn

Hey Matthew, you don't know where John and John live...do you? I mean, John....no, the other John..yeah, isn't he a railway modeller?

Anyhow, today we are back with the S.M.55X with the wings being worked on.......long way to go!
Glenn

Tophe

According to http://www.wwiivehicles.com/italy/aircraft/flying-boat/savoia-marchetti-sm-55x-flying-boat.asp SM.55X was the "real" name of the SM.55, will your one be what-ifed about colours and markings? Royal Navy?
Promising result anyway :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Not sure yet Tophe.......nice idea though!
Glenn

Glenn

Back with the P-401 Cobra! Looking over the model, I realised that the fuselage was too short meaning that the engine was too short! The fuselage has about 12mm extra length, the tail and tailplanes have been flattened and with the jet engine, long range tanks have been added. The tanks belong to a NA Fury, but it seems to balance the model.

Glenn

Glenn

As the design started off German, why not finish it off as a Luft '46 fighter?
Glenn

Glenn

The undersides of the Ki-187....for those who wished to know!
Glenn

Tophe

Thanks for this explanation about the undercarriage. :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on August 29, 2013, 08:18:08 PM
Thanks for this explanation about the undercarriage. :thumbsup:

Yup very much so  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Hi Glenn ,
I was thinking along the lines of using two Airfix Short Sunderlands for the SM-55 build .
Superquick buildings are great fun to construct as well although they might seem to be a bit dated.
Great work .

Glenn

The Sunderland zwillings sound expensive.....but oh so interesting!

As with the card buildings, well I prefer the old style steam railways to those modern electric.....more class!

A mate and I were in Cornwall in the early 1980's and while shooting a village against a hill when a diesel flew past, my mate asked me where the Hornby sign was......that was the only thing missing!

I love watching tv shows like Father Brown and Poirot just for the villages and steam trains.....oh yeah, the stories are great also.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on August 31, 2013, 07:34:58 PM
The Sunderland zwillings sound expensive.....but oh so interesting!
There are 2 pictures of Twin-Sunderland on my site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/twin_boom_whatif_1939_45.htm or do you think of still another shape?

Glenn

For those who do know who this is, please don't tell, and to those who don't, hopefully, the ones who does....won't tell...........All will be explained !
Glenn

Glenn

As you can see, this was a YF-22 Raptor.....Anyhow, I never liked the Raptor, I always thought the YF-23 looked sexier. So, I am evolving the 22 into a 22 and three quarters. Long way to go as yet, but getting there.
Glenn   or, should that be, OOK...Ook...ook!