Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Yeah, the Cougar looks nice in FAA markings....!

Remember the Zundapp box... well, this is the kit. This shows the frame and engine, plus rear wheel assembled and some of the wiring. At present, the sidecar, and front forks are assembled, (but not connecter) and the 'Gold Knight' figure has been duplicated so far with the head, upper and lower body pieces molded and glass pieces made....long way to go!
Glenn

Glenn

This is the Mallard to date. It is now a 1/48 civil flyingboat and should be finished around August. (that is, if I can work out what markings to put her in!)
Glenn

Tophe

Elegant flying boat... Congratulations for this scratchbuilding. :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Remember the Russian 5 ton truck.....well, here it is again! I've lengthened the bonnet, changed the cabin and shortened the tray...........
Glenn

Captain Canada

Nice looking work ! Always a pleasure to see your progress. The bike looks awesome !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

This is the Guillow A-1H converted to a AD4W of the FAA Suez crisis (1956)
With one wing in place, it's starting to look finished....but don't hold your breath!
Glenn

Balsa...1/32

Glenn

The Russian truck was 1 of 3 and this is 2 of 3. This, if you remember was a 1/48 GM 6X6 Army truck which is now a 1/35 German army vehicle from a movie I won't mention at present.
Glenn

Glenn

This is the third vehicle, the SS 100 converted into a staff car. The wheel base needed was 10' and the SS 100 was just right, but wasn't wide enough, so had to slice it through the middle and extend.
Glenn

Glenn

This was the China Clipper, Boeing 314 which will now be a USN Patrol bomber PB-1B. I think I'll use engines from either a B-17 or B-24 as the engines with the kit don't look powerful enough.
Glenn

Tophe

Great!
(I have not checked in the previous pages: is the scale the same as your 1/48th Mallard? Probably not, it would be too big, wouldn't it?)

Glenn

Tophe, it's the Airfix 1/144 model.

Glenn

Cobra

Glenn, have you Considered using the Engines from a B-25 or B-26 or Catalina for Your Project? Just Asking,Buddy. Dan

Tophe

One Catalina? Into a twin-engined 314? interesting... ;D

Glenn

If I used a Cat or Mitchell, I'd have to buy two models....but with the B-17~B24, only one kit.....
Glenn

BUT, if I used the engines from the kit and some plasticard tubing.....I could do "amazing things to the system....."
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.