Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

This will be the Murray Princess...a sternwheel paddle boat on the Murray River. This luxury boat does scenic tours in South Australia....anyhow, my model is 1/100 sc and has a hull length of 23" and a width of 6". Constructed from balsa, sanded and bogged and then added the deck. Don't know when she'll be finished, this bit took 3 months.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on June 07, 2009, 07:09:28 PM
OK Tophe, its here! This is the 'Long Range Photo Recon-38M'. This is what you get, when someone like me marries two P-38's together. The model is 1/48, and if it were real would have a span of 76 feet and a length of over 45 feet.
Glenn
Dear Glenn, you have so many projects running in parallel... May I hope the LRPR-38M be finished in 2009? (2010 is OK as well, I just ask to know, happy to remember this wonderful one in building) I understand it depends all on your priority order, but could you tell us an expected order?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Tophe, all that is holding up the LR-38 at the moment is the two crew members. Once they are in, the canopy, and props...then paint and decals and finally photos. As its now June.....yeah, she'll be finished by Aug~Sept!
Glenn

Tophe

Great! I will put fertilizer on my calendar... ;D

Glenn

Sorry Tophe, I think something was lost in translation there, anyhow...how about another shot of it? This is how the outer engines will end up, with only the nose to be added to show you the finished profile.
Glenn

Tophe

Wonderful... :thumbsup:
Will the external engines be radials or in-line with also superchargers? (Both hypothesis look good)
[About my previous reply in imperfect English, I wanted to say that, for the date of September to come faster, like for plant growing faster, I will put plant-fertilizer on my calendar - this was a stupid joke playing madness, sorry]
Edit: will the two crew members be in tandem classically like below, or back to back with more originality? (well, I know it is easier with my black "canopies" than with your clear parts). Anyway I feel that makes three possibilities to add a view on my Fantasy-Lightning site. Thanks again Glenn! :thumbsup:

from http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2005/05/images/davies_p38_9.jpg

ChernayaAkula

Four-engine Lightning? Ingenious! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on June 26, 2009, 10:02:01 PM
Will the external engines be radials or in-line with also superchargers? (Both hypothesis look good)
Edit: will the two crew members be in tandem classically, or back to back with more originality? (well, I know it is easier with my black "canopies" than with your clear parts). Anyway I feel that makes three possibilities to add a view on my Fantasy-Lightning site. Thanks again Glenn! :thumbsup:
Well, I have added 6 LR-38 at the end of my site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/#Sit
thanks again, dear Glenn :thumbsup:

Glenn

Tophe, with the engines, no all inline. My mistake by using two different models to make 'the beast' so it has early intakes, inboard and the late intakes outboard. (it's only a model!!) Anyhow, the length of Evergreen poking out from the nose was to be the floor of the photo nose but,once assembling the nose and adding the camera to the end, you couldn't see anything inside, so I removed it. I'll show you the supercharge intakes soon, under the wing but for now.............6 engines!!! the wing won't stand the weight, let alone the undercarriage!
Glenn

PS, I know, it's only a consept!

Glenn

Back with the 'German Tank' from 'Night of the Generals'. As you can see, the body is now finished with new shape and added Zemeritt paste. (I know that isn't spelt right) The colour scheme looks like RLM 02 overall and Khaki lines running down the sides. You can't see the colour from the Video but there is a heads on shot of one of them in the movie programme. At the moment, all that's left is the turret and commander.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Love your four engined LR 38, Glenn! I don't know how you do it, but you seem to have a limitless supply of really cool ideas and a bottomless well of talent to bring them to life!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Thank you Brian, Tophe....we've now got the two crew members!! Anyhow, I'm back with the Seamew, and we have the start of the tailplanes. At present, both tailplanes are on, including the extra bits below the leading edge, and have started the wings.
Glenn

NARSES2

Ah a Seamew - looking forward to this.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

In August 1945, the next generation of Focke Wulf fighter was built. This Kurt Tank designed swept forward wing fighter, the 190 was re named the Ta-290 and put into production in January 1946 One of the last pure piston engine aircraft of the New Luftwaffe.
Model : Airfix FW-190D (with the use of a modelling saw!)
Glenn

Photo 1 of 2

sequoiaranger

I like the camo of the Ta-290. It looks like you used "Fun-Tack" (or similar) twice, to get that overlapping worm effect. Good for you!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!