Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Looking good Glenn ! Love the look of that halftrack.

:tank:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Back with 2 of 3 now with the back done. Before I finished working on her I started the frame for the canvas top, (couldn't find a Kubelwagen when I wanted one!) but I'll get back to it next month.
Glenn

McColm

Captain Canada

Is your halftrack going to be an early Bombardier snow machine ? Looks very similar ! Love the new truck as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

This is how I finished the 1/2 track in June........looks a little different now!
Glenn

Glenn

Back with Dan's scout ship from " Visit of the Earthmen" a 1960's story. The model is scaled at 1/32 and at present am working on the cockpit.
Glenn

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

The Dan Dare stuff takes me back a lot farther then I care to remember  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 28, 2014, 08:07:10 AM
The Dan Dare stuff takes me back a lot farther then I care to remember  ;D

Do you have the Haynes Dan Dare Manual Chris? It's full of stuff on all of the different spacecraft, the 'Astral Queen', 'Anastasia' of course and the 'J Type Space Stations' to name but a few.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

No I haven't Kit. I'll have to look it out
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

As you can see written on the side of the box, I originally bought this kit for another purpose. A mate in Scotland told me that this was the worst Airfix model he had ever bought and I couldn't believe that until I assembled the engine and tried to place it into the fuselage..........ouch! It wouldn't fit...then I realized what he meant!

Anyhow, I've found a different purpose for it now.......not started as yet.
Glenn

Captain Canada

Love the scout ship ! Looks like an old school racing boat.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

When I originally built this IL-2 as a radial, Tophe said it had been done post WW2. As I was half way through the construction.....I had to do something else, and this is how it turned out!

Glenn

Does it remind you of anything, with the radial engine, I mean?

Tophe

Wonderful! I am truly happy my sources led to create this marvel... :wub: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

The engine is two Beaufort cowlings glued together......once you see the side view, then the shape will be revealed.
Glenn