Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Bought this at a supermarket a few months ago, and thought it could be finished in a diorama.
The wheelbase is 88 mm, so all I need to do now it to work out the scale....ok, who out there has 'a real' something like this, and what is it's wheelbase?
Glenn

It's been weathered down as if it's been through mud..............

Captain Canada

Looks kinda like a zero to me !

The bike looks like a Honda XR 600, or 200, or 650....typical wheelbase of about 1.4m. Seat height of dirt bikes is typically 85-95 cm.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Thanks Capt'n.....the scale worked out at 1/15.9995
Glenn

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Glenn on October 06, 2014, 12:11:55 AM
Thanks Capt'n.....the scale worked out at 1/15.9995
Glenn

Ahah, yet ANOTHER model in that well known scale.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Probably supposed to be 1/18 like those big diecast cars.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Bike's come out really well Glenn.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

bodgybuilder

Float plane is looking good Glenn.
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

Captain Canada

The bike also looks like it has that cool 'working' chain ! Could easily be made a little more life like. Less fun, but more life like !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

If you look at the aircraft, the shape of the wings, tail and tailplanes and now with a radial engine.....the first thing I thought of was an A6M2, with floats.

Glenn

McColm

Glenn

This is the 'Red Rackham', the latest interceptor of the Independent West Indies Air Wing. With every type of aircraft named after famous Pirates and (or) their ships this air wing will patrol their territory in the same manor as their namesakes.

Revell :1/81sc Snark Missile. (not finished at this stage)
Glenn

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A very familiar shape to me, see posts about the Hawker P.1086.  ;D

Why DID they mould it in that mega-bright RED styrene? I know many of the trials Snarks were red, but not all of them.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn

Back in 1968 I watched a movie that changed my life. That movie was 2001 ; A Space Odyssey and it's author....Arthur C Clarke!
At that point, I read as much Sci Fi as I could and with a whole universe of authors and stories, one seemed to fill into my soul and still remains......"The City and the Stars" So, in 2010, after buying the book for the third time, (after I'd loaned the book to two different mates (?) over a period of 20 years) re-bought the book . On, re-reading the classic...I thought I's build Diaspar from the ground up.......knowing that I'd never finish it, but knowing that I'd make a start!

This it the first building I've built from PVC and Evergreen at a scale of ......................1/1000? way to go!

Glenn

Glenn