Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Kerick, the PB-1B was a Boeing China Clipper, Airfix 1/144sc.

Glenn

It does look better in USN markings.

kerick

Did you make much modification to the aircraft or just paint and markings? I see one gun turret on the nose.
I'm just going to have to do one of these seaplanes one of these days. So much whiffability.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Glenn

With this shot, the AD4W has it's wing attached...but in reality it was only plonked in place awaiting all the panel lines.
At present, the wings are on and am ready to add the wheeldoors and radome........that will be a bugger!

Re the China Clipper, I mounted the tailplane higher than the kit, and pushed the tailplanes up and glued the tails inward at the tops. The nose barbett and tail barbett were it give her a little protection.
Glenn

Glenn

This is (going to be) a Mercedes Benz 500K, 3 of 3 from that movie. I can understand why they converted the chassis and running gear from a Mk 9 Jaguar and the body from a Mk 5 Jaguar as it would have been far less expensive than using someones'550K, and almost wrecking it!

I used a SS 100, Pyro model at 1/32 and as all those Jags have a 10 foot wheel-base.
Glenn

Captain Canada

Great stuff ! Love the B-45 and the AD-4W. Always wanted the latter one. Can't wait to see it finished !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

This shows Samson's fuselage finished less canopy and landing skids. At least we now have a vac-former here in Brisbane (well, almost!) and I'm working on the skids.
Glenn

Captain Canada

That's a cool looking beast ! Samson eh ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Where do you post pics when they are all done ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

What do you mean...." Post Pics when they are done?"

Glenn

Captain Canada

Seems the pics are always in the almost finished phase, and that's the last I see of them. I have seen some finished, as you usually do a nice photo, but not all ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Last shot of the Tornado unfinished.....Yes Capt'n, as to finished models, well since last January I do have at least 20 finished models but haven't shot them as yet. The only recent finished model is the M-46 Tiger look-a-like which you'll see soon. I'm sick of doing small dioramas so have decided on a photographic stand 4'x6'x3'6" to do large scale models on. The basic base is finished including wheels and am now working on shelves to fit all the diorama equipment into.

You'll see stuff eventually, but not in the very near future.

Glenn

Captain Canada

OK...thanks ! Look forward to seeing that. I'm in the same boat, I have trouble photographing the finished models as my photos/ background never really do them justice.

Tornado is looking good !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Vorcha

I love the tornado ever since I saw one in a book... good work!
paper boy

Glenn

Capt'n, look around 'railway/railroad in the model shop....a few years ago I picked up a set of two panorama backdrops from Kubri. Both are German/ Black Forrest photo back drops but, depending on your camera try some panorama images. Set it on a tripod and take the photo...have it printed in A1 format (or bigger) and you have a backdrop.
Then, one day you'll have a message from me saying..."Hey Capt'n, could you send me a copy of your backdrop.....".

Glenn

Captain Canada

Quote from: Glenn on January 18, 2015, 06:11:46 PM
Then, one day you'll have a message from me saying..."Hey Capt'n, could you send me a copy of your backdrop.....".

lol Thanks for the tip...I'll check that out if I can find a decent railway shop around.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?