Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Travel agents are good sources for backdrops too.

They often have last year's holiday advert posters with no writing on them going spare and they're pretty big too. When we did the Orbis Book of Aviation History we used some ex-Lufthansa backdrops from my local travel agent.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn

Yes, travel agents and also postcards and calendars (although most calendars are ground shots)

This was the AMT 1/72 USAF flying wing, the YB-35 but am turning it into a 'wing''from Attack of the Clones. By looking at the DVD it isn't very big, so 1/72 model should turn into a 1/48 spacecraft......I did say 'should'!

Those Kybri backdrops are actually FALLER, (sorry about that) and the catalogue number is 517 Hinterground 290 x 45 cm......

Glenn

Captain Canada

Looking good. Love flying wings. Going to be a big 'small' aeroplane !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Back with 1 of 3 from that 'blockbuster''movie. As you can see, it is no longer a truck it is now a half-track.
This french design was originally built to help the 'man on the land' but explored the Arctic, and was used by the French military up until the fall of France.
Scale 1/35 : track assembly from an M-3 half-track as the wheels were very close to the size I needed.

Glenn

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Hey Capt'n......what time is it there? Here in OZ, it's 2:19PM on Thursday!
Glenn

Glenn

sorry, have a glich in the system, can't send anything for at least a month.
GLENN

Captain Canada

Aren't you guys a full day ahead of us ? When I watch the Phillip Island MotoGP race it's always late Saturday night. I think. It's 8;30 pm now, let's see what the site's internal clock says when I post this.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Now the Hall PH-3 has both lower wings, and the next job is to paint it, add the floats and tailplane control horns and lower struts.
So, looking at what reference I have on the PH-3, it looks like intermediate blue and off white underneath...any ideas?

Glenn

Oh, yeah....the problem righted itself, I worried too soon. (as usual)

Captain Canada

Now that's a neat looking boat ! No idea what it is, so no help from me !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

I've been buying the 'Big Warplanes' collection from the newsagent once a fortnight and the last one was the PBY-5A in it's intermediate blue and  off white....so, I'll use that!

This, on the other hand...is how to convert a 1/48 Arado Ar-196 into an Ar-95 biplane / floatplane. The fuselage is modified, as is the tail and tailplane...the wing is scratchbuilt, as will be the upper wing and float struts. At present, it is in RLM 72 and 73 upper and 65 under.

Long way to go!
Glenn

Captain Canada

You can still tell that it's based on the AR-196....but just barley ! And what's this about a PBY-5A ?

:cheers:?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

All the 'Big Warplanes Collection' models are finished models and are either 1/144 or 1/200 depending on size. The last, the PBY-5A was in 1942 finish and all with undercart, come with the undercart in landing position. With the Çat', the gear is down...and the outrigger floats are in raised position and locked. I bought them as dressing for dioramas....as you shoot a 1/48 model up close, but the further back you look, the smaller the model looks...from 1/48 to 1/72...1/96....1/144. Saves making them, and at only $20 each..it's a steal!

Glenn

Captain Canada

Nice ! Look forward to seeing these dios !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

As for the dioramas.....yeah, me too!

When I was starting the Sea Otter, I used the Walrus as a template. As it went, I wondered what the boat would look like as a low wing monoplane, and this is the result. While watching an episode of Piorot, they were smuggling drugs into this seaside resort in these single seater flyingboats that looked 1930's...so I investigated with the Walrus. A rich mans toy in the 1930's.

Butchered Airfix Walrus in 1/72
now
A 1/48 'Sea Scamp' with a Gypsy engine running a pusher prop.

Glenn