Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Great! :thumbsup:
And this flying boat comes from nothing? from scratch? Impressive! :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Now, Grumman did design a F12F but this was never made.......but what if they had?
This was a 1/48 Lindberg F11F Tiger that I originally wanted to finish off as a 1/32 trainer to out do the Gnat, but it was not to be.
I couldn't get the cockpit into the narrow fuselage of the Tiger...and cancelled the project. Looking around at my 'bits and pieces'I found the wing and tailplanes from the Airfix 1/72 TSR-2 and having a play with both kits saw that they would meld together. The tailplanes became the fins, and the marriage took place.
This is the first stage of the project, am now paneling and shaping to give a smooth look. I decided on the title F12F, and as it doesn't have a normal tailplane and tail unit, I named her 'Bobcat'!
Also, a name I couldn't find with Grumman!

Glenn

Tophe

I love the shape of this new old jetplane! :wub: :thumbsup:

The name Bobcat seems to have been used for the F5F see http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=4096 but this may have been the choice of a what-ifer rather than true-life History... ;)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Oh yeah that is for sure gonna be cool ! Nice one Glenn !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

bodgybuilder

Hello Glenn
Your Bobcat is looking good. I don't know how you keep track.
Things are same old, same old. Should have a mild what if finished sometime soon to post.
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

Glenn

Matthew, it pays to be nuts and pissed on Vodka to take on so many projects, and not manage to mix parts......and that's my story!

Anyhow, this is a 1/200 BV 222V2 Wiking circa 1943 winter scheme probably somewhere in Norway. The model is from a fortnightly series, #5.
I weathered her just a little, and tried to shoot her on take-off.

Glenn

Tophe

:wub: Great picture! But, Glenn :blink: :-\ here is a forum for scale models, not for Real flying boats, and obvioulsly your one is completely true (a model cannot be that perfect)... ;)

Glenn

Tophe, if it were 'real' it would be shot in Black & White or in German Agfa Colour...with a slight yellowish tint.

Glenn

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Glenn on April 27, 2015, 08:54:07 PM
Tophe, if it were 'real' it would be shot in Black & White or in German Agfa Colour...with a slight yellowish tint.

Glenn

This can be arranged............  ;D :lol:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

1/200 ?  :blink:

That's really come out well Glen  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Really like the Agfa finish!
Glenn

matrixone

Love that picture! Great work on the image AND model. :thumbsup:

Matrixone

Glenn

To my knowledge....only two countries bought the Sea Vixen Navy Fighter, the Royal Navy F.A.A. and the Swedish Air Force.
Built by SAAB and used from the early 1960's to the mid 1970's as an all weather fighter, ( and renamed  Arctic Fox) Two were preserves and are in the National Aircraft Museum on display to the public.

X-Frog 1/72.

Tophe

Wow! Great twin-boom jet-fighter :wub:
But it was so perfect... was it a model or a scale 1 photograph? :unsure:

I checked Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Sea_Vixen
and... not a word about Swedish Sea-Vixen... :unsure: :unsure:
but it was mentionned that seceral Sea-Vixens were converted as pilot-less drones, and maybe Sweden bought these ones, that are not "Sea-Vixen fighters"... :-\
I checked and... yes, below is the proof: Swedish Vixen RPV that you turned as fake fighters, Glenn, our what-if Photoshop expert! :thumbsup: