Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

This is the big car that goes over the cliff in Raiders.... I think it was based on a GAZ 69 jeep. I saw one in Rome in 1979 and the bonnet and grill area looked close. I wonder if it survived the movie?

Glenn

Scale: 1/35 based on a Revell 1/48 truck with a CCKW chassis.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on January 20, 2016, 07:29:37 PM
Avro Vulcan unstuck.........
Nice Vulcan photograph, but... has the photographer survived... (so close, thus hurt and burned...)
No? is it a scale model? I don't believe it (too much perfect) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

The Lego Insectoid so far....with it's body armour mounted.

Glenn

Tophe

Uh? Seeing that, I wanted to crush this frightening animal under my foot, but what? is it "armoured"?? Lord... :-\ ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Cool. Neighbourhood kid got a Nerf one for Christmas that walked around and shot !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Lift off for this 1/144 Vulcan. Damn sorry it wasn't a kit!

Glenn

Glenn

Remember in Raiders........ well, this is the Mercedes Benz 500K cabriolet  that chases Indie and the truck. Actually, it was made from two Jaguar saloons...a 1969 (for the chassis, engine, running gear and inside cabin) and a 1948 model for the body work. I don't think they wanted to wreck a real 500K.
I used a Pyro 1/32 Jaguar SS 100, as the base as all Jags at that point had a 10 foot wheelbase. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy it was one of the hardest 'butchering jobs' I'd ever done and wouldn't like to repeat it!

Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

We don't mind if it wasn't a kit. Great photo ! I want to play with it, do a few touch-and-goes and airshow take offs  :thumbsup:

The car looks great as well. Love the windshield.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Yeah, that's cool!  :thumbsup: I just had to go watch the chase scene and some other clips from that movie after seeing this.. ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Glenn

"I thought you were going to buy a Jeep?

None in the showrooms.....bought a G5 instead!

Glenn

Glenn

Canyon, what canyon......that wasn't in the script!

Glenn

zenrat

Well done.  
And now i've got the Raiders theme music on my cerebral jukebox...

...Dum de dum dum, dum de dum. Dum de dum dum, dum de dum dum dum...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Glenn

This is a B-17E from the Big Warplanes series and scaled at 1/144
It's a while since I've put a model on.

Glenn