Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

One of my favourite airplanes of the period. Looking forward to it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

At first I was flummoxed trying to identify it from the pic, but then those distinctively shaped hatches for the rearward firing guns gave me the answer.

Nice one Glen, that's not an easy shape to produce.  :thumbsup:

I have two XB-42 vacforms and one for the XB-43 which I really must finish off one year, or century.....  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn

Those vacform models wouldn't be VP models from Canada....would they?
The VP (Victoria Production) were 1/72 and when I first saw it, the only thing stopping me, was the price.
Glad you like it,
Glenn

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Glenn on April 16, 2017, 07:21:36 PM

Those vacform models wouldn't be VP models from Canada....would they?
The VP (Victoria Production) were 1/72 and when I first saw it, the only thing stopping me, was the price.

They would, I couldn't remember at the time and the kits themselves are buried in the depths of my model room right now.

The VP vacforming is exceptional and the umpteen smaller resin bits are superbly moulded too. I have my doubts if the resin landing gear legs will be strong enough to support the model though, they're a) spindly and b) sit at hefty angles to the fuselage.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Glenn

It's funny but, while at Hobbyrama today....I noticed a 1/48 sc., AD4W in RN markings...Italari, I think.
Glenn

Glenn

Front on view showing the intakes.
I'd like to finish her off with clear bubble canopies and blown nose cone....The canopies, anything from P-51D, the Sea Furies should be close enough, but the nose still leaves me wondering!
Glenn
I won't have to worry about the under-cart...as mine will be flying.

TheChronicOne

Lookin' good!  I'm digging the intake work.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Glenn on April 18, 2017, 07:10:49 PM

The canopies, anything from P-51D, the Sea Furies should be close enough, but the nose still leaves me wondering!

B-17G bomb aimer's nose cone?

It's a very similar shape, but could be expensive if you don't have the B-17 kit already.....  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Glenn

Designed as a private venture with the fixed wing division of Sikorsky, this airplane was based on the BlackHawk used by the US Armed forces. As it was ugly, it received the name Turkey Buzzard.....which stuck.
Glenn

Captain Canada

Missed a few updates glad I checked in ! Love the Skyraider and that Blackhawk mash up is just too cool !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on April 21, 2017, 06:57:26 PM
As it was ugly
Maybe not gorgeous but "oh, so nice..." wonderfully enriching the family! :wub: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

That Turkey Buzzard almost looks alive. Mixture of animal and machine ? Great build  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

How to turn a Prince Henry Vauxhall into a 1924 Mercedes Benz from TinTin.
Glenn

Captain Canada

Nice work ! The character is the wrong scale tho  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 25, 2017, 06:59:34 AM

Nice work ! The character is the wrong scale tho  :thumbsup:

In the glorious motherland all scales are equal Comrade!  ;)

Regards
Kit