Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

About three bits of PVC ....the inner tube, the outer tube (to be curved over and an inner tube as the faring inside the inner tube.......thank heavens that's a way off!
Glenn

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Glenn on May 20, 2017, 07:03:05 PM

I thought I'd add this shot, to show how I took the shot. Bending the wire to fit into the slot and then bending the 'hand hold' bit so it wouldn't wobble.
I'd done the props at this stage.
Glenn

PS Capt''n....the wild bits are going to be the rotor rings.......a quick trip to the hardware!
Nice...   closer in I can appreciate the paint job more. :D  So cool!!
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

I'm not surprised she's not a tail-sitter, there's very little to the airframe behind the wing.

Glenn

This is how I normally shoot 'take-off' shots. Painted backdrop, base and to give it height....the base of a 1.25L softdrink plastic bottle with one of the five nobs cut off so the fuselage fits into it and you can position it at different angles.
Glenn

Tophe

Thanks for this explanation.
So this is more a good recipe than pure genius... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Last shot of the Buzzard on a US holiday resort. The picnic truck in the background is a 1/144 cckw from Revell.
Glenn

Glenn

Sorry about that....you know what security is like?
Glenn

TheChronicOne

I love the smell of glorious new pictures of models in the morning!!  This DEFINITELY sets the tone, I knew instantly I was in Vietnam.  :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

McColm

Glenn

This Bristol Beauleiu was a bigger version of the Beaufighter and is seen here fighting with the Free French forces.
Named after Lord Montagu's estate in The New Forest, (as I couldn't think of anything starting with BEAU) and saw action in North Africa and later in the landings in the south of France.

Modified Airfix TFX with both longer wings and nose.
Glenn

Tophe

Nice model! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Glenn on June 03, 2017, 07:00:12 PM
This Bristol Beauleiu
Is this a mistyping for the French word Beaulieu (beautiful location)?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

Nice, looks like a real mean machine! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Quote from: Glenn on June 03, 2017, 07:00:12 PM
...I couldn't think of anything starting with BEAU...

As it saw service in North Africa - Beau Geste?

;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Charlie_c67

"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

Captain Canada

That is so cool ! And thanks for the other pic of the Buzzard  :wub:

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?